MJ2491 Environomical Pathways, Advanced Course 9.0 credits
Energisystemanalys med exergi-, ekonomi- och miljöperspektiv, fördjupningskurs
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyEnvironmental Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Apply a system approach in analyzing the chain for energy conversion, from primary energy source to energy services. This includes:
- To identify a proper system boundary for energy conversion problems, addressing a whole chain for energy conversion with target energyservices in focus.
- To conduct an overall analysis of energy, environmental and cost efficiency of an energy conversion scheme.
- To use the result to carry out an environomical discussion at an advanced level, and be able to in detail analyse different environomical choices and their consequences.
- By using project based working method, be able to work with energy systems analysis and environomics in a structured way employing common project work tools, including time sheets, project plans, and resource assessment.
Course main content
In this course issues like consumer behaviour, energy economic, transition management, H2 as an energy vector, thermoeconomy, energy in network (the net, transmission and distribution) are discussed more in detail. Just like in MJ2490 Environomical pathways, the environmental consequences will (as far as known today) be brought up for discussion in this course.
The lectures and seminars classes presents the tools of life-cycle analysis, net energy balancing and exergy assessment on case studies of energy chains for energy conversion, from primary energy source to desired energy service.
The project covers a deepened analysis of Environomics from the perspective of specific cases
The course will be given in periods 3 and 4
-Lectures -- 30 h (15 occasions)
- Seminars -- 20 h (5 occasions)
- Project work, P -- 60 h (sheduled time for project work, 8 occasions)
- Exam, TEN1 -- 3h (scheduled during exam period after period 3)
- Project presentation, PRO1 -- 8h (scheduled last week of period 4)
MJ1112 Applied Thermodynamics (or equivalent).
MJ2490 Environomical pathways (or equivalent)
Enrolled in the TMESM Masterprogram
Dewulf J., van Langenhove H.
Renewable-based Technology: Sustainability Assessment. ISBN: 978-0-470-02241-2
Fransson, T.H., et al., 2009, "Computerized Educational Program", KTH, Energiteknik -- Kraft- och värmeteknologi
- PRO1 - Project, 6.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Exam, 3.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
TEN1 -- EXAM 3 hp, Grading: A-F
PRO1 -- Project 6 hp, Grading: A-F
Peter Hagström <email@example.com>
Only for TMESM master program
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2011.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2011.