Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Study technique, self-responsibility, self-development during a career, self-reflection, communication skills.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- be able to make informed choices both during the study period and beyond
- critically review and reflect on the role of the engineer in a sustainable society
- account for the main features of the science theory and technology history
- identify and discuss ethical occupational problems
- plan and implement projects in a group
- document and present their work both in writing and orally
- reflect on their own learning and identify their need for further knowledge
Literature and preparations
Only for students at study program COPEN.
Announced no later than 4 weeks before the start of the course on the course web page.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PROA - Project, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PROB - Project, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PROC - Project, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PROD - Project, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SA1007