SH1015 Applied Modern Physics 5.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Lab. exercises where the student investigates several phenomena in modern physics
A project focusing on a research area within modern physics.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing this course a student should be able to:
report on practical experience concerning experimental methods within modern physics
apply knowledge and problem solving skills in modern physics during lab experiments and project work.
- complete a simple research project with a modern physics focus as part of a small group
Literature and preparations
Modern Physics, SH1014 or equivalent
Modern Physics, Randy Harris. Pearson / Addison-Wesley
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Exercises, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Project 3,0 hp
Lab. exercises 2,0 hp
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SH1015