- Sr. Stategic Product Manager, Ericsson.
- 5G baseband software architecture.
- Note: for updated information refer to: Matteo Fiorani LinkedIn
Education and Experience:
- Senior Researcher and 3GPP RAN3 delegate, Ericsson Research, from July 2017 to September 2018.
- Experienced Researcher and 3GPP RAN3 delegate, Ericsson Research, from October 2016 to July 2017.
- Postdoc Researcher at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, from January 2014 to October 2016.
- Visiting researcher in August 2015 at University of California, Davis, CA, USA, and April 2016 at Columbia University, New York, NY, USA.
- Ph.D. in Information and Communication Technologies in 2014 from University of Modena, Italy.
- Visiting PhD student for 1 year at Vienna University of Technology (Austria) and 6 months at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden).
- Research interests: 5G radio networks, 5G transport networks, Data center networks (optical and electronic).
- Expertise: Product Management, 3GPP standardization delegate, network design, network simulation, trade-off analysis, techno-economics and SDN controller design.
- 5G standardization: 3GPP RAN2 and 3GPP RAN3
- K5 Swedish research project on 5G transport networks
- Manager for 5G radio products.
- Presented several 3GPP standard contributions (RAN2 and RAN3)
- Filed several patents on 5G networks
- Co-authored more than 60 peer-reviewed papers (27 journals)
- Receieved 3 top-scored paper awards (OFC, ICC and ECOC 2016)
- Served in the technical program committee of many international conferences
- Co-founder and chair of an IEEE workshop on 5G transport networks (5GT)