Rasmus Brandt received the Ph. D. and Tech. Lic. degrees in Electrical Engineering from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, in 2016 and 2014, respectively. He received the M. Sc. degree in Engineering Physics from Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, in 2010. As part of his M. Sc. program, he spent the academic year 2007/2008 at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada, and the summer of 2009 as an IAESTE Intern at CMC Microsystems, Kingston, Canada.
His research revolves around interference alignment and related techniques for improving the spectral efficiency of wireless networks through base station cooperation. In particular, he has been working on base station clustering, distributed channel state information acquisition, and weighted sum rate optimization for transceivers with hardware impairments.
Dr. Brandt received a Best Student Paper Award at the 2015 Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers. He was a Publicity Chair of the 16th IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC'15).
He is currently a Senior Software Engineer with Google, working on improving video quality in the open source WebRTC platform for real-time communications.
- V. Yajnanarayana, K. E. G. Magnusson, R. Brandt, S. Dwivedi, P. Händel, "Optimal Scheduling for Interference Mitigation by Range Information", IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, 2017, Accepted.
- R. Brandt, R. Mochaourab, M. Bengtsson, "Distributed Long-Term Base Station Clustering in Cellular Networks using Coalition Formation", IEEE Trans. Signal Inf. Process. Netw., vol. 2, no. 3, pages 362-375, 2016.
- R. Brandt, R. Mochaourab, M. Bengtsson, "Globally Optimal Base Station Clustering in Interference Alignment-Based Multicell Networks", IEEE Signal Processing Lett., 2016, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 512–516, 2016. – Reproducible research code
- R. Brandt, M. Bengtsson, "Distributed CSI Acquisition and Coordinated Precoding for TDD Multicell MIMO Systems", IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 2890-2906, 2016. – Reproducible research Matlab code.
- R. Brandt, M. Bengtsson, "Joint Coordinated Precoding and Discrete Rate Selection in Multicell MIMO Networks".
- R. Brandt, M. Bengtsson, "Fast-Convergent Distributed Coordinated Precoding for TDD Multicell MIMO Systems", IEEE Int. Workshop Computational Advances in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Process. (CAMSAP'15), 2015, pp. 457-460. – Reproducible research Julia code
- R. Brandt, R. Mochaourab, M. Bengtsson, "Interference Alignment-Aided Base Station Clustering using Coalition Formation", Asilomar Conf. Signals, Systems, Computers (Asilomar'15), 2015. pp. 1087-1091. Best Student Paper Award (2nd Prize). – Reproducible research Julia code.
- R. Mochaourab, R. Brandt, H. Ghauch, M. Bengtsson, "Overhead-Aware Distributed CSI Selection in the MIMO Interference Channel", European Signal Process. Conf., Algorithms for Distributed Coordination and Learning Special Session (EUSIPCO'15), 2015, pp. 1043-1047. Invited.
- R. Brandt, E. Björnson, M. Bengtsson, "Weighted Sum Rate Optimization for Multicell MIMO Systems with Hardware-Impaired Transceivers", IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Process. (ICASSP'14), 2014, pp. 479-483. – Reproducible research Matlab code.
- R. Brandt, P. Zetterberg, M. Bengtsson, "Interference Alignment over a Combination of Space and Frequency," IEEE Int. Conf. Commun. Workshop Beyond LTE-A (ICC LTE-B'13), 2013, pp. 149-153.
- R. Brandt, H. Asplund, M. Bengtsson, "Interference Alignment in Frequency - a Measurement Based Performance Evaluation," in Proc. Int. Conf. Systems, Signals and Image Process. (IWSSIP’12), 2012, pp. 227–230.
- R. Brandt, M. Bengtsson, "Wideband MIMO Channel Diagonalization in the Time Domain," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Personal, Indoor, Mobile Radio Commun. (PIMRC'11), 2011, pp. 1914-1918. – Reproducible research Matlab code
- R. Brandt, "Distributed Coordination in Multiantenna Cellular Networks", Ph. D. thesis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2016.
- R. Brandt, "Coordinated Precoding for Multicell MIMO Networks", Tech. Lic thesis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2014.
- R. Brandt, "Polynomial Matrix Decompositions: Evaluation of Algorithms with an Application to Wideband MIMO Communications", M. Sc. thesis, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2010.