Presentation and opposition seminars
Dates for Presentation and Opposition
Presentation seminars will be held every year around 7th-16th of June, 22th-25th of August and 10th-17th of January. Exact day and time will be announced later as a calender event (these depend on the number of students that are going to present their theses.). It will also be ongoing presentations during the year but there are not any fixed dates or times for these.
If possible, the oppostion should be made close to own seminar. The procedure for presentation seminar is described below.
Find opponent for degree project
There are two ways to find an opponent for your degree project
- You can discuss with your examiner and agree on who will be opponent
- Communicate via KTH Social by make an annoncement on the page below.
Information about current presentation and opposition seminars
To find information about current presentation and opposition seminars, use the link below. This website is also used to announce upcoming seminars. Here you can also make a reservations for presentation and opposition seminar.
Procedure for the presentation seminar
- The presenter, i.e., author of the thesis, presents the work for 20 minutes. Preferably, interesting and relevant pieces of information (for project and master thesis) is given during the seminar. All students should have read the thesis before the seminar so it may not necessary to give all details at the presentation.
- The opponent gives feedback for 15 minutes. The opposition report must be handed in to the examiner, the presenter's examiner and own examiner not later than the day before the seminar. Also, out of courtesy, take one printed copy of the opposition report to the seminar and give it to the presenter. Template for the opposition report can be fetched from Canvas.
- Active listeners shall ask at least one question each. The students that act as active listeners should have looked at the thesis before the seminar. Do not forget that you should be active listners on at least two other seminars, beside the own presentation seminar and opposition seminar (i.e., four in total).
- Make sure that you get your assessment template signed! It is the examiner of the presenter that is signing the documents. If the assessment template not is filled in at the seminar, you will lose the seminar.
Assessment template can be fetched on the page Templates.