AF1005 Structural Engineering, Basic Course 7.5 credits
The course gives a basic understanding of the mode of action of different types of building structures, and basic knowledge about the process of structural design for concrete, wood and steel structures.
The course deals with the properties of commonly used structural materials regarding strength and deformation. Analyses are mainly performed for individual structural parts included in load bearing structures regarding permissible loads and deformations, e.g. beams, columns and frames.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Examination, 1.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Project, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- ÖVN2 - Exercises, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AF1005
Main field of study
AF2003 Structural Engineering, Advanced Course