AI281X Degree Project in Architectural Design and Construction Project Management, Second Cycle 30.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The degree project should constitute a part of the specialisation within the main field of study samhÃ¤llsbyggnad at second cycle level to satisfy the requirements for degree.
It implies that the degree project normally should be carried out within construction project management.
Intended learning outcomes
After completed degree project, the student should be able to:
1. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the scientific foundation and best practices for the chosen subject, as well as an advanced understanding in current research and development within the area, and in-depth knowledge of research methodology.
2. demonstrate the ability search, creation and integration of knowledge and to identify if there is a need for additional knowledge, all with a holistic, critical and systematic work approach.
3. demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, assess and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations also with limited information
4. demonstrate the ability to plan and with adequate methods carry out qualified assignments within given time frames and to evaluate this work
5. demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate products, processes, systems, methods or technical solutions with respect to humanÂ´s circumstances and needs as well as societyÂ´s goals in term of economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development.
6. demonstrate the ability, both orally and in writing, in dialogue with different groups, to clearly account for and discuss the conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which these are based
7. demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
8. show such skills that is required to participate in research and development or to work independently in other qualified activities
The course is designed as a limited research project.
The course design can include literature studies, problem formulation, collection and compilation of data and analysis.
The degree project should be presented at a seminar. The degree project should be written and presented in Swedish or English. A summary should be included in both languages. The Master thesis will be checked for plagiarism.
Literature and preparations
All courses, that are required for issuing the Degree of Bachelor and at least 60 credits of courses for second-cycle studies, must be fully completed. These 60 credits must include all courses in the program, relevant to the degree project, and a course in theory of science.
A course in scientific methodology shall be completely reported with a passing grade.
Examiner is responsible to evaluate special kind of competences.
Relevant literature to be able to carry out the degree project.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Degree Project, 30.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The degree project should normally be carried out under the program´s last semester. To pass the degree project must the achievement not be below any of the expected learning outcomes of the course.
Other requirements for final grade
Passed degree project report that has been presented at a seminar.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AI281X