Intended learning outcomes *
The overall aim of the degree project is to provide knowledge of connections between environmental problems, social change and technical development. The degree project should also give an understanding of how prevailing or changed human activity and behavior can influence the environment.
The following applies to both Master of Science in Engineering (civilingenjör) and master's degree students:
After completed degree project, the student should be able to
1. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the scientific foundation and best practices for the chosen subject, as well as an advanced understanding in current research and development within the area, and in-depth knowledge of research methodology.
2. demonstrate the ability to search, collect, compile, and integrate knowledge and to identify if there is a need for additional knowledge, all with a holistic, critical and systematic work approach.
3. demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, assess and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations also with limited information
4. demonstrate the ability to plan and with adequate methods carry out qualified assignments within given time frames and to evaluate this work
5. demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate products, processes, systems, methods or technical solutions with respect to humans´ circumstances and needs as well as society´s goals in term of economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development.
6. demonstrate the ability, both orally and in writing, in dialogue with different groups, to clearly account for and discuss the conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which these are based
7. demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
8. show such skills that are required to participate in research and development or to work independently in other qualified activities