FAF3010 Review of Scientific Articles in Civil and Architectural Engineering 1.5 credits
Content and learning outcomes
The course consists of an assingment that is determined by the doctoral student’s supervisor and the course responsible. The assignment consists normally of a review of a real scientific journal article, or equivalent material, with assistance from the supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
After completed course, the PhD student will:
- Understand the review process for scientific journal articles.
- Be able to complete a review assignment of a scientific article in the student’s own field.
Literature and preparations
Equivalent to the prerequisites for admittance to third cycle studies in civil and architectural engineering at KTH.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Hand-in assignment, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FAF3010