The course aims to give students the basics of JML
Information for research students about course offerings
The course is listed on the PhD-program course list. The course responsible will reach out and contact the PhD-group
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course gives an introduction to basic issues, problems and concepts within GDE. The course also introduces relevant laws, regulations and professional codes as well as concrete topic-relevant discussion cases.
Articles and materials published on the course homepage.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- Describe and use central concepts, methods and theories in gender equality, diversity and equal opportunities (GDE).
- Discuss and reflect on GDE in the role as PhD student and researcher
The course has two half day seminars, reading and hand-in.
Literature and preparations
Admitted to the doctoral programmes in Applied Physics or Physics.
PhD student at KTH
Course literature will be communicated at each course offering.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL1 - Participation in seminar, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL1 - Hand-in assignment, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FSK3913