Ph.D. students in Mathematics - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
At the division of Mathematics, there are lively research groups in a number of areas, for example Algebra and geometry, Combinatorics, Complex analysis, Differential geometry and general relativity, Dynamical systems, Harmonic analysis, Mathematical physics, Number theory, Numerical analysis, Partial differential equations, and Spectral theory. More information can be found at www.math.kth.se. At the moment, there are about 20 graduate students at the division.
The P.h.D. student positions primarily involve graduate level studies with the goal of a doctoral degree. Also some departmental duties are included, mainly teaching basic level courses. General information on doctoral studies at KTH can be found at www.kth.se/en/studies/phd
, information about the graduate program in mathematics can be found at https://www.kth.se/en/sci/institutioner/math/utb/doktorsprogram.
Announced are P.h.D. positions with the following specializations. For further details, please contact the corresponding advisor.
- Analytic number theory and additive combinatorics (advisor: Lilian Matthiesen, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.lilianmatthiesen.com/)
- Number theory with connections to dynamics and quantum chaos (advisor: Pär Kurlberg, email@example.com, https://people.kth.se/~kurlberg)
- Differential geometric problems inspired by general relativity (advisor: Mattias Dahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.kth.se/profile/dahl)
- Analysis and probability theory (advisor: Fredrik Viklund, email@example.com, https://people.kth.se/~frejo/)
- Complex analysis, kernels, conformal mapping, random models (advisor: Håkan Hedenmalm, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://people.kth.se/~haakanh/)
- Random matrices, stochastic models and analysis (Advisor: Kurt Johansson, email@example.com, https://people.kth.se/~duits/RMSMA/)
- Random matrices, stochastic models and analysis (Advisor: Kevin Schnelli, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://people.kth.se/~duits/RMSMA/)
Announced are also P.h.D. positions with no particular specialization. To apply for those, contact the head of the P.h.D. program Mattias Dahl before sending in your application.
The employment is for a maximum of five years. Up to 20% departmental duties are included in the employment.
A university degree with an emphasis on mathematics (240 credit points) is a necessary qualification, with a master's thesis (or equivalent) preferably in the subject of mathematics. In addition to traditional academic merits, a degree project or master's thesis relevant for the specialization, international experience, and language skills are regarded as merits. Applicants must be strongly motivated for doctoral studies, possess the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis, and possess good levels of cooperative and communicative abilities.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH:s webpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
The application must contain the following documents in PDF format (no zip-files):
- Statement of professional interest.
- Transcripts from university/university college.
- Example of technical writing, e. g., master’s thesis, essay, course report or scientific paper.
Possible letters of recommendation (not required) shall be sent by the person recommending directly to e-mail: email@example.com
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Salary||Monthly salary according to KTH's Ph.D. student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||7|
|Last application date||02.May.2017 11:59 PM CET|