Professor in Mobile Systems - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The subject Mobile Systems covers software aspects of the design, implementation, evaluation and deployment of networked systems that include mobile and fixed devices, communication infrastructures, and services. Areas such as Internet of Things, Ubiquitous and Context Aware computing, Intelligent Content and Media Delivery, Edge and Cloud Computing, Service Scalability and Security are included.
The position involves research as well as teaching within the subject area. We are looking for an excellent researcher capable of building up and leading an industrially well‑supported research group at the Department of Communication Systems. The applicant is also expected to contribute to the development of the schools education at all levels, undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate, as well as to engage actively with industry and society.
To be eligible to be appointed as professor, a person shall have displayed research and teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
- Of highest importance is the applicant’s documented ability to develop and execute world class research, secure funding, and establish contacts with relevant industry.
- Of second highest importance is the applicant’s documented ability to develop and deliver state of the art education within the area both on undergraduate and graduate levels.
- It is also important that the applicant has
- expertise in developing and leading activities and personnel; this includes having knowledge about matters of diversity and equal treatment, with particular focus on gender equality.
- ability to collaborate with the surrounding society and to disseminate information regarding research and development work.
- administrative capability.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH:s web page.
Your application should follow KTH:s CV template for employment of teachers. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH:s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to the agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||14.Feb.2017 11:59 PM CET|