Associate professor with a research interest in the design of robust network protocols and ICT solutions for easy to use/configure wireless networks, WSNs, wearables, and Internet of Things in the application areas of health, wellbeing, and sports. Faculty member of Digital Futures.
I am involved in the following projects (also see the links here to the right for more information):
- A VINNOVA-sponsored project on AI in hospital home care with Karolinska University Hospital. Here we want to collect data from patients both when at home and in the hospital to allow care to pass from the hospital to the home as soon as possible and also to reduce readmissions.
- In another project with Karolinska, we are applying signal processing and machine learning to waveform data of physiological signals from patients undergoing surgery to improve the work of anesthesiologists.
- My Digital Drone Twin, sponsored by the KTH Digitalization Platform, in which we develop and investigate an aerial drone system with depth camera for use in sports performance analysis or other types of human movements.
- LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Networking) in use for wearable sensor systems. One example is a smart shoe that can detect certain foot gestures.
- AugmentIT, a project sponsored by Promobilia, where we use depth cameras for people with motion disorders.
Electrical Engineering, project course part 2 (CM1002), examiner, course responsible | Course web
Medical Information and Communication Systems (HI2010), examiner, course responsible | Course web
Mobile Communications and Wireless Networks (HI1035), course responsible | Course web
Mobile Sports Applications and Data Mining (CM2001), examiner, course responsible | Course web