Algorithms and Complexity
This course provides an introduction to theoretical computer science , which is a strong area of research at the School of Computer Science and Communication . You will encounter some of our research results in the course.
You will learn about algorithm design and get to see some pretty complicated , but very useful algorithms. Complexity part of the course deals with how to investigate which problems can besolved ( in reasonable time ) with the help of computer , which ones will take an unreasonably long time and which can not be solved by a computer at all.
Problems that are too difficult to solve exactly can sometimes be solved approximately . You will see examples of some approximation algorithms and some problems that are so hard that they can not even be approximated in a reasonable time.
The course is sort of a smaller variant of the course DD2350.
The course offering for Spring 2020 on Canvas: https://kth.instructure.com/courses/17061
Latest from your news feed
- Algorithms and Complexity (DD2352) Event "Omtenta, 21 August 2020 14:00" created by Scheduling staff 29 May at 19:29
- VT 2020 algokomp20 Event "Tentamen, 25 May 2020 14:00" edited by Scheduling staff 8 May at 09:37
- VT 2020 algokomp20 Event "Redovisning, 18 May 2020 13:00" edited by Scheduling staff 8 May at 09:36
- VT 2020 algokomp20 Event "Redovisning, 18 May 2020 09:00" edited by Scheduling staff 8 May at 09:36
- VT 2020 algokomp20 Event "Tentamen, 25 May 2020 14:00" created by Scheduling staff 19 December at 14:46