Program Construction in C++ for Scientific Computing
The course will be given at KTH during the academic year 2017/2018. The first lecture is
Monday, 27th August 2018, 15-17
Lecture Room E32, Lindstedtsvägen 3
Actual course edition: pcpp18.
Actual information about this course can be found in the Course PM.
News will be published via this news feed. Subscribe to it!
With the increasing complexity of the software used in Computational Science and Engineering, the requirements on efficiency both in the execution on a given hardware as well as the software development cycle have had a big impact on the tools used in implementing simulation software. As far as the programming languages are concerned, only a few have reached broader application. In particular, C++ plays an important role. Being a general-purpose object-oriented programming language, some care has to be taken when using it for high-performance computations. The aim of the course consists of providing knowledge how advanced numerical methods and complex algorithms in Scientific Computing can be implemented in C++.
Naturally, a considerable portion of the course is spent in hands-on exercises and project work.
Further information about the course is given by Michael Hanke, email@example.com, (course leader).
By the end of the course I would like to ask you to answer the questions of the course evaluation form. Your contribution will be highly appreciated!
Canvas will not be used in this course!
- Michael Hanke Examiner, Course responsible, Teacher
Latest from your news feed
- HT 2020 Event "Övning, 9 December 2020 08:00" created by Scheduling staff Friday 20:34
- HT 2020 Event "Föreläsning, 7 December 2020 15:00" created by Scheduling staff Friday 20:34
- HT 2020 Event "Föreläsning, 30 November 2020 15:00" created by Scheduling staff Friday 20:34
- HT 2020 Event "Föreläsning, 23 November 2020 15:00" created by Scheduling staff Friday 20:34
- HT 2020 Event "Övning, 28 October 2020 08:00" created by Scheduling staff Friday 20:34