Physics of Biomedical Microscopy
The purpose of the course is to give the student
- knowledge of fundamental physical principles and limitations of microscopic imaging, with special emphasis on light microscopy
- mathematical models for describing imaging systems, as well as quality criteria
- insight into the technology behind the systems
- familiarity with the use of light microscopes for biomedical research, including digital image recording and processing
- examples of biomedical applications and methods in microscopy
Please note that you may have to log in to access some of the material on this website!
Nerve cell recorded with confocal scanning laser microscopy.
Different colors represent different depth layers in the specimen.