Student support and student life

As a KTH-student you have access to various types of support and services that aim to help you during your studies. You may need help in improving your study skills, want to talk to someone about your study situation or want to know how the Swedish health care system works. Here we have listed some of the support and services that is available.

Improve your study results

The studies at KTH can be demanding and require a high study pace. There is support available for improving your study results, for example study skills, academic writing and reference management.

More information on support to improve your study results


Students with a documented, permanent disability of at least 6 months can get compensatory support in their studies.

More information on compensatory support .

Rights and responsibilities

KTH is governed by the same laws and regulations that apply to all universities and university colleges in Sweden.

Information on laws, rules and regulations that apply to you as a student .

Equal treatment, gender and diversity

KTH has established zero tolerance for all forms of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and abusive discrimination.

Where to go if you need help and support

Living in Sweden

As an international student you not only have to adjust to a new study environment, but also learn how the Swedish society works, such as the health care, insurance,- and banking system.

More information on living in Sweden


KTH Accommodation is a service to international students, assisting them in finding accommodation for their first academic year at KTH. Some international student groups are guaranteed housing through KTH while others need to find housing on their own.

More information on accommodation services

KTH Library

At KTH Library you have access to the material you will need for your studies. You can also book group rooms and individual tutorials to get help with information retrieval, reference management and more.

Services provided by KTH Library

Study counselling

During your studies at KTH you may have questions regarding your programme, want to discuss your study situation or need help in choosing courses. In this case, you can turn to the master coordinator or study counsellor for your programme to get help. If you for some reason want to talk about your situation with someone who is not connected to your program, you can turn to the study counsellors at central level.

Master coordinators and study counsellors

Student health care

Studying abroad may require major adjustments to your life. You not only move away from friends and family, but also have to adjust to a new learning environment. Some may experience a culture shock and feel the urge to talk to someone about this. Others may not experience a culture shock but need help to navigate to build a new, yet temporary, life in Sweden.

Student health care and recreational support available at KTH

Picture on the fasad of KTH Entré at KTH main Campus