(i.e. a tuition fee paying student or a student holding a KTH scholarship)
If you are a tuition fee paying student admitted to a KTH Master's or Bachelor's programme or a student holding a KTH Scholarship (former KTH Tuition fee waiver) KTH provides you with a comprehensive insurance called FAS+.
In brief FAS+ includes:
• Full coverage of medical costs in the event of medical emergency (not included planned surgery, planned stay in hospital, routine check-ups).
• Coverage up to SEK 3 000 for emergency dental treatment per year. Emergency dental care involves relieving the patient of pain and infection, provisional filling of holes and ensuring a functional biting area.
• Full coverage of costs for medical evacuation or repatriation of remains.
• Legal expenses cover (if you need to make a claim for damages) up to 200.000 SEK
• Liability coverage up to 3 million SEK.
• Private property ONLY, called ‘movable property’ like for example the mobile phone/computer if stolen or damaged in an accident) up to 25.000 SEK
No deductibles apply to this insurance, with the exception of property cover, where the deductible is 1500 SEK.
To find out exactly what applies, we urge you to carefully read the detailed terms and conditions.
Read the terms and conditions for the FAS+ insurance
FAS+ insurance is valid during the education period as well as two weeks prior to the start of studies and two weeks after the end of studies. If, for any reason, you should finish your studies earlier than planned, the insurance will end aswell, still allowing for two weeks cover after you've finished.
‘Start of studies’ refers to the start of term, course or time when teaching at the educational institution begins, i.e. for students attending the preparatory language course, start of studies takes place at the beginning of August, whereas for students who will not attend the preparatory language course start of studies occurs on the official start of the semester.
‘End of studies’ refers to the end of term or course when the teaching or internship period is concluded. Click on the Academic calendar for detailed information.
Please note that FAS+ does not apply to SI-scholarship holders who hold a separate insurance through the Swedish Institute.
Changed fee status and prolonged studies
Student's whose fee status changes during their studies will not be covered by FAS+ and are strongly recommended to find out if they need to purchase additional insurance coverage for their remaining stay in Sweden. For students who have not completed their studies within stipulated time frame, request of continued insurance coverage through KTH is assessed on a case by case basis.
Further questions? Contact Information and service at: firstname.lastname@example.org