Skip to main content

Personal Injury Insurance

As a student at KTH, you are insured during school hours and during direct travel between your home and university premises.

Personal injury insurance for students during distance studies

On April 16 the Swedish government decided that the personal injury insurance that students are covered by during higher education will also apply during distance studies within Sweden’s borders. This decision is valid as long as the Public Health Agency of Sweden recommend studies at universities to be held remotely. To report an injury in your home during distance studies, see the information below.

Personal injury insurance for students during your studies

All enrolled KTH students are covered by a personal injury insurance during the time you are on university premises and on journeys to and from the university. The insurance applies to all instances where you (the student) are participating in activities arranged by KTH, e.g. during a placement (internship) or at a workplace where you are carrying out your degree project, within Swedens borders. The personal injury insurance does not apply during the orientation and introduction period (during this period, students must arrange for their own accident insurance). Among other things, compensation can be obtained for medical care, medications, physical therapy, medical expenses and for pain and suffering.

The personal injury insurance does not apply to Ph.D. students, who are insured through their contract of employment.

If you have general questions regarding the personal injury insurance you are welcome to contact the central study- and career counselling service .

If you need a certificate that you are insured, please contact your master coordinator. 

How do I submit a claim?

To report an injury, you need to:

1. Download and fill in the Personal Injury Insurance claim form on Kammarkollegiet’s homepage .

If you are a fee paying student, please visit this website for more information and claim: Insurance for fee-paying students.

2. Contact someone at your school, e.g. international coordinator or master coordinator, who need to certify that you, at the time of the injury, were enrolled and were conducting studies at the university

3. Send the completed form to: Kammarkollegiet, 651 80 Karlstad

For full details of the insurance terms contact Kammarkollegiet .

Insurance for outgoing exchange studies

For outgoing exchange studies (KTH students undergoing exchange studies at a partner university outside Sweden) or internships abroad, contact the international coodinator  at your school to find out more about insurance coverage.