Publication (full) list
International journal papers
(35) Li, B., Xu, J., Zhong, J., Huang, N.*, & Zou, L. (2023). Effects of surface roughness and shear processes on solute transport through 3D crossed rock fractures. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 170(105529), 105529. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2023.105529
(34) Zou L* & Cvetkovic V. (2023) Disposal of high-level radioactive waste in crystalline rock: On coupled processes and site development, Rock Mechanics Bulletin, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rockmb.2023.100061.
(33) Zou L* & Cvetkovic V. (2023) A new approach for predicting direct shear tests on rock fractures, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Volume 168, August 2023, 105408 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2023.105408.
(32) Zou L*, Selroos J-O, Poteri A, Cvetkovic V. (2023) Parameterization of a channel network model for groundwater flow in crystalline rock using geological and hydraulic test data, Engineering Geology, volume 317, May 2023, 107060. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2023.107060.
(31) Chen, H., Wu, M.*, Duan, Z., Zha, Y., Wang, S., Yang, L., Zou, L., Zheng, M., Chen, P., Cao, W. and Zhang, W. (2023), Forecasting the human and climate impacts on groundwater resources in the irrigated agricultural region of North China Plain. Hydrological Processes. Accepted Author Manuscript e14853. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.14853
(30) Li B, Mo Y, Zou L*, Wu F (2022) An extended hyperbolic closure model for unmated granite fractures subject to normal loading, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-022-02862-3
(29) Zhan L, Hu Y*, Zou L, Xu W, Ye Z, Chen R, Zhuang D, Li J, Chen Y (2022), Effects of multiscale heterogeneity on transport in three-dimensional fractured porous rock with a rough-walled fracture network, Computers and Geotechnics 148, 104836https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2022.104836
(28) Sjöberg Y*, Dessirier B, Ghajarnia N, Jaramillo F, Jarsjö J, Panahi D, Xu D, Zou L, Manzoni S, (2022) Scaling relations reveal global and regional differences in morphometry of reservoirs and natural lakes, Science of The Total Environment, 2022, 153510, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153510.
(27) Hu Y, Xu W*, Zhan L, Zou L*, Chen Y, (2022) Modeling of solute transport in a fracture-matrix system with a three-dimensional discrete fracture network, Journal of Hydrology, Volume 605, 127333, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2021.127333
(26) Shamu J*, Zou L, Håkansson U, (2021) An experimental device for measuring radial flow velocity profiles of yield stress fluids between parallel disks. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 82(2021), 102073. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2021.102073
(25) Zou L*, Mas Ivars D, Larsson J, Selroos J O, Cvetkovic V, (2021) Impact of shear displacement on advective transport in a laboratory-scale fracture, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment, 100278. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gete.2021.100278
(24) Li B, Cui X, Zou L*, Cvetkovic V, (2021) On the relationship between normal stiffness and permeability of rock fractures, Geophysical Research Letters, 48, e2021GL095593. https://doi.org/10.1029/2021GL095593
(23) Shamu J*, Zou L, Håkansson U, (2021) A nomogram for cement-based rock grouting, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Volume 116, October 2021, 104110, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2021.104110
(22) Zou, L.*, & Cvetkovic, V. (2021). Evaluation of flow-log data from crystalline rocks with steady-state pumping and ambient flow. Geophysical Research Letters, 48, e2021GL092741. https://doi.org/10.1029/2021GL092741
(21) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. (2021) Reply to Discussion on ‘Analysis of Bingham fluid radial flow in smooth fractures’, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Volume 13, Issue 4, August 2021, Pages 945-946. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2021.04.001
(20) Zou, L.*, & Cvetkovic, V. (2020). Inference of transmissivity in crystalline rock using flow-logs under steady-state pumping: Impact of multi-scale heterogeneity. Water Resources Research, 56, e2020WR027254. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020WR027254
(19) Ni L, Zhang X*, Zou L, Huang J. Phase-field modeling of hydraulic fracture network propagation in poroelastic rocks. Comput Geosci (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10596-020-09955-4
(18) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. Radial propagation of yield-power-law grouts into water-saturated homogeneous fractures, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. Volume 130, June 2020, 104308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2020.104308
(17) Shamu J*, Zou L, Kotze R, Wiklund J & Håkansson U, (2020) Radial flow velocity profiles of a yield stress fluid between smooth parallel disks, Rheologica Acta, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00397-020-01203-x
(16) Cvetkovic, V.*, Poteri, A., Selroos, J.‐O., & Zou, L. ( 2020). Inference of retention time from tracer tests in crystalline rock. Water Resources Research, 56, e2019WR025266. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019WR025266
(15) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. (2020) Analysis of Bingham fluid radial flow in smooth fractures, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 12(5):1112-1118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2019.12.021
(14) Zou L, Li B*, Mo Y, Cvetkovic V. A high-resolution contact analysis of rough-walled crystalline rock fractures subject to normal stress, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 23 December 2019, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00603-019-02034-w
(13) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. Yield-power-law fluid propagation in water-saturated fracture networks with application to rock grouting, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Volume 95, January 2020, 103170 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2019.103170
(12) Li B, Mo Y, Zou L*, Liu R, Cvetkovic V. Influence of surface roughness on fluid flow and solute transport through 3D crossed rock fractures, Journal of Hydrology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2019.124284.
(11) Zou L* & Cvetkovic V. (2019). Impact of normal stress-induced closure on laboratory scale solute transport in a natural rock fracture, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2019.09.006.
(10) Frampton, A.*, Hyman, J. D., & Zou, L. Advective transport in discrete fracture networks with connected and disconnected textures representing internal aperture variability. Water Resources Research, 55. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018WR024322
(9) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. Cement grout propagation in two-dimensional fracture networks: Impact of structure and hydraulic variability. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. Volume 115, March 2019, Pages 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2019.01.004
(8) Zou L*, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V. Two-phase cement grout propagation in homogeneous water-saturated rock fractures. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. Volume 106, June 2018, Pages 243–249. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2018.04.017.
(7) Rasul H*, Zou L, Olofsson B. Monitoring of moisture and salinity content in an operational road structure by electrical resistivity tomography. Near Surface Geophysics, 2018 16 (4), 423-444 .
(6) Zou L*, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. Modeling of solute mixing at 3D rough-walled fracture intersections. Advances in Water Resources, Volume 107, p. 1-9. DOI: 10.1016/j.advwatres.2017.06.003.
(5) Zou L*, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. Modeling of Solute Transport in a 3D Rough-Walled Fracture–Matrix System, Transport in Porous Media, 2017:1-25, DOI: 10.1007/s11242-016-0810-z.
(4) Zou L*, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. Shear enhanced nonlinear flow in rough-walled rock fractures. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Volume 97, September 2017, Pages 33-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2017.06.001
2016 and earlier
(3) Zou L*, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. Assumptions of the analytical solution for solute transport in a fracture-matrix system. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 83 (2016) 211–217.
(2) Zou L*, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. Roughness decomposition and nonlinear fluid flow in a single rock fracture. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 04, 2015; 75. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2015.01.016.
(1) Zou L., Wang S.*, Lai X.Creep model for the unsaturated slide zone soil of Qianjiangping landslide. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. 2013, 5 (2):162–167. doi:10.1016/j.jrmge.2013.03.001
Conference papers & abstracts
Zou L, Sandström H and Cvetkovic V. Analytical solution for two-phase flow of silica sol grouting in homogeneous fractures, Nordic Geotechnical Meeting (NGM 2020), 18-19 January 2021, Helsinki, Finland.
Zou L, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V, Cement grout propagation in 2D fracture networks: impact of rheology, the 14th ISRM Congress, September 13-18, 2019, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil.
Zou L, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V, Characterization of effective transmissivity for cement grout flow in rock fractures, the 9th Nordic Grouting Symposium, September 2-3, 2019, Helsinki, Finland.
Zou L, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V, Non-Newtonian grout flow in single rough-walled rock fractures, Bergdagarna 2019. March 19, 2019, Stockholm. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Cvetkovic V, Stress effects on fluid flow and solute transport in single rough-walled rock fractures, AGU Fall Meeting 2018. 11-15 Dec. 2018, Washington DC. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Cvetkovic V, Lanru Jing, Diego Mas Ivars, Impact of Normal Stress Caused Closure on Fluid Flow and Solute Retention in Rock Fractures, CouFrac2018, November 2018, Wuhan, China. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Håkansson U, Cvetkovic V, Impacts of Elastic Jacking on Rock Grouting, In Proceeding of the 10th Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium, 29 October to 03 November 2018, Singapore.
Zou L, Frampton, A., Cvetkovic, V., Impacts of Dead-ends on Flow and Transport in Fractured Rocks, In: Proceeding of the 2nd International Discrete Fracture Network Engineering Conference, Seattle, Washington, USA, 20–22 June 2018. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Ulf Håkansson, Vladimir Cvetkovic. Modeling of rock grouting in saturated variable aperture fractures. Bergdagarna 2018. March 20, 2018, Stockholm. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Ulf Håkansson, Vladimir Cvetkovic. Non-Newtonian fluid flow in 2D fracture networks. AGU Fall Meeting 2017. 11-15 Dec. 2017, New Orleans. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Lanru Jing, Vladimir Cvetkovic, Andrew Frampton. Modeling of fluid flow and solute mixing in 3D rough-walled rock fracture intersections. SIAM Conference on Mathematical and ComputationalIssues in the Geosciences. September 11–14, 2017 at Erlangen, Germany. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. (2016). Effects of multi-level surface roughness on solute transport in single rock fractures. Published on GEOSAFE2016, International Symposium on Reducing Risks in Site Investigation, Modelling and Construction for Rock Engineering, May 25-27, 2016, Xi’an, China. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Jing L., Cvetkovic V. (2015). Effect of Sorption on Solute Transport in a Single Rough Rock Fracture. Full paper published on the 13th International Congress on Rock Mechanics, May 10 - 13, 2015, Montréal, Québec, Canada. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Cvetkovic V, Jing L. (2014). Roughness decomposition and effects on fluid flow in single rock fractures. Full paper published in the proceeding of the 8th Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium: Rock Mechanics for Global Issues- Natural Disasters, Environment and Energy, 14-16, October 2014, Sapporo, Japan. Oral presentation.
Zou L, Jing L. (2013). Smoothed particle hydrodynamics simulation of fluid flow in rock fractures. Full paper published in the proceeding of the 3rd ISRM Sinorock Symposium: Rock Characterisation, Modelling and Engineering Design Methods, Shangai, China, 18 - 20 June 2013. Oral presentation.
Zou L., Wang S., Zhang Y. (2015). Creep model of unsaturated sliding zone soils and long-term deformation analysis of landslides. Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 17, EGU2015-3738, 2015. Abstract for EGU General Assembly 2015. Oral presentation.
Zou L., Wang, S., 2010. Creep model for the slide zone soil of Gushubao landslide, Proceedings of International Symposium on Geomechanics and Geotechnics: From Micro to Macro, Shanghai, China, 10-12 Oct. 2010: 963-969. Poster.
Zou L., Wang S., Huang H., 2010. Reasoning Mechanism of Emergency Rescue Decision Support System of Geo-Hazards under the Conditions of Extreme Snow and Ice Disasters. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference: Information Technology in Geo-Engineering. Shanghai, China, 15-17 Sep. 2010: 126-133. Poster.
Zou, L. (2016). Numerical modeling of fluid flow and solute transport in rock fractures. PhD Thesis, TRITA-LWR PhD-2016:08.