Professor of Packaging Technology
- Paper mechanics
- Fracture mechanics of paper and board
- Deformation and damage mechanisms of wood fibre based materials
- Forming of complex paper structures
Ongoing post-doctoral research projects:
- Mohammad Hasheminia (Ph.D. Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea), "Micromechanical modeling for analysis of deformation and damage mechanisms in high-density wood fiber-based composite materials", funding by L. E. Thunholms stiftelse för vetenskaplig forskning, with Prof. Artem Kulachenko.
Ongoing graduate student research project as principal supervisor:
- Magdalena Kaplan (M.Sc. Vehicle Engineering, KTH), "Materials and interface design in semi-structural and eco-friendly wood fiber biocomposites", funding by KAW, with Prof. Lars Wågberg, Division of Fibre Technology, Department of Fibre and Polymer Technology, KTH, and Prof. Artem Kulachenko.
- Vedad Tojaga (M.Sc. Aarhus University, Denmark), "Micromechanics of fibre networks and composites", funding by EU ITN FibreNet, with Prof. Artem Kulachenko.
- Gustav Marin (M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, KTH), "On the influence of variability in structural packaging design", funding by RISE Bioeconomy, with Docent Mikael Nygårds.
- Petri Mäkelä(Tech. Lic. Solid Mechanics, KTH), "Fracture mechanics for paper".
Ongoing graduate student research projects as co-supervisor:
- Mossab Alzweighi (M.Sc.), "Strength Scaling in Fibre Networks", funding by EU ITN FibreNet, principal supervisor Prof. Artem Kulachenko.
Solid Mechanics, Basic Course with Project (SE1010), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Sustainable development and research methodology in engineering mechanics (SA2002), examiner, teacher, assistant | Course web