Interaktionsdesign som reflekterande praktik
This course runs at 50% study speed during the whole period, and is a practical master-level course with weekly design critique sessions, literature seminare, as well as several concrete design and writing assignments. Each project is documented online via KTH social.
The course runs at 50% study speed, which means you are expected to spend on average 20 hours per week on this course, during the whole period. This means you will be expected to do some substantial work on your projects outside of the scheduled class hours. Please keep this in mind when signing up for other courses, work, and other activities.
At each critique session you are expected to explain and argue for the methods you have used and the design choices you have made. For passing the course you are allowed to fail (e.g. being unprepared) or be absent on maximum two critique sessions.
This year, the course will combine an individual design project, guest lectures by practicing interaction designers, and reading seminars on current topics in interaction design research. In addition the course work will result in a final exhibition and the writing of a short academic paper.
After completing the course, participants should be able to:
- name and discuss current research topics in the area of interaction design,
- relate research and own work to latest trends in commercial and non-commercial interactive products,
- analyse existing interactive artefacts and readings in literature, and use this to inform own design work,
- in academic writing reflect on own interaction design work.
Course main content
In this course you will conduct a concrete design project in groups of 2-3 students, grounded in latest trends in interactive systems design.
During the project you will:
- read up on latest research in areas within interaction design,
- design and build a working prototype/interface that can be tested with people,
- reflect on your design process in academic writing,
- present your project in a public exhibition.
Introductory course in Human-Machine Interaction
Selected chapters from Interaction-design.org and academic articles found online.
Students are also expected to search and select additional research papers based on personal interests, e.g. to support project work.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grade scale: P, F
All tasks will be performed in small groups of 2-3 or individually.
For passing the course you have to:
- conduct all tasks and be present and active in the seminars (you are allowed to miss two seminars),
- update an online project log that documents the project conducted in the course,
- together with another student write a paper on a shared project and present it in the final mini conference/exhibition. The paper will go through a peer review process, and the final version must take all comments in the reviews into account,
- submit reviews to two of the other papers (using review form) at the end of the course.
Requirements for final grade
All tasks will be performed in small groups of 3-5 or individually.
The course marks are Pass / Fail.
For passing the course you have to:
- Conduct all tasks (activie participation in group project, and hand in of all individual assignments).
- Be present and active in the crit seminars (you are allowed to miss two seminars).
- Write a short reflection at the end of the course.
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
CSC/Media Technology and Interaction Design
Ylva Fernaeus, e-post: email@example.com
Ylva Fernaeus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course plan valid from: Spring 14.
Examination information valid from: Spring 14.
Senaste från nyhetsflödet
- VT 2017 ixd-reflec17 Kalenderhändelse "Design Crit 3/Conference, 30 maj 2017 16:00" har redigerats av Schemahandläggare 7 april 02:42
- VT 2017 ixd-reflec17 Kalenderhändelse "Design Crit 3/ Conference, 30 maj 2017 14:00" har redigerats av Schemahandläggare 7 april 02:42
- VT 2017 ixd-reflec17 Kalenderhändelse "Exhibition, 12 maj 2017 10:00" har redigerats av Schemahandläggare 7 april 02:42
- VT 2017 ixd-reflec17 Kalenderhändelse "Workshop: Writers workshop, 9 maj 2017 15:00" har redigerats av Schemahandläggare 7 april 02:42
- VT 2017 ixd-reflec17 Kalenderhändelse "Workshop: Creating a workbook, 5 maj 2017 10:00" har redigerats av Schemahandläggare 7 april 02:42