Distributed Systems, Advanced Course
The course complements Distributed Systems Basic Course (ID2201), and prepares the students for M.Sc projects, and Ph.D. studies in the area of distributed systems. The main objective of this course is to provide the students with a solid foundation for understanding, and specifying distributed services, and designing and analyzing distributed algorithms for reliable and fault-tolerant implementations of these distributed services. The services studied are typical in modern data-centers and cloud computing infrastructures.
- Models of distributed algorithms
- Fault Tolerance Abstractions and Failure Detectors
- Reliable Broadcast and Causal Broadcast
- Replicated Shared Stores and Consistency Models
- Single Value Consensus, and Paxos
- Sequence Consensus, and Multi-Paxos
- Atomic Broadcast
- Replicated State Machine
- Clocks in Distributed Systems
A basic course in distributed systems (equivalent to Distributed Systems Basic Course - ID2201).
Latest from your news feed
- Distributed Systems, Advanced Course (ID2203) Event "Omtenta, 8 June 2016 09:00" edited by Scheduling staff 11 April at 13:49
- Distributed Systems, Advanced Course (ID2203) Event "Omtenta, 8 June 2016 09:00" edited by Scheduling staff 24 November at 14:22
- Distributed Systems, Advanced Course (ID2203) Event "Omtenta, 8 June 2016 09:00" created by Scheduling staff 10 November at 14:52