Arrival and introduction
As a new international student at KTH, you are offered arrival services and an introduction programme with both social and informative activities. Taking part in Arrival days and the international reception is a way for you to become familiar with KTH.
The Arrival days are organised to give you a smooth arrival and ensure that you get the information needed for a good start at your new study destination. When planning your arrival to KTH, make sure to arrive on one of these days to enjoy the additional services offered.
Arrival day site on campus
KTH Entré is the service and information hub for students, where you can meet with the Arrival day crew and get the information needed for a good start at KTH. You will be able to:
- Store your luggage while you take part in the Arrival day services offered.
- Sign your housing contract and pick up your keys, if you have accommodation through KTH. Read more about your accommodation location and what is included in your room upon arrival here .
- Meet with the Student Union (THS) representatives and get into the spirit of a true KTH student.
- Get information on how to take part in THS International Reception.
- Activate your IT account to get started with WiFi and other services included in the personal menu (email, software and more). Please bring your passport or other approved ID document .
- Receive your KTH access card, which is needed to access buildings and locked doors on campus.
- Get answers to all your questions about being new in Sweden and new at KTH.
If you are unable to arrive during the Arrival days, you are welcome to KTH Entré during the regular opening hours to pick up your accommodation keys, activate your KTH account, and receive your access card.
THS International Reception
The student union THS organises an international reception with a number of activities. The international reception is a great way to get in touch with other students, and a good introduction to Stockholm.
A sustainable arrival
As sustainability is one of KTH's pillars, we encourage new students to consider their carbon footprint related to their travels to Stockholm and KTH. If you arrive by train, Stockholm Central Station is located in the middle of central Stockholm, and the metro takes you to KTH in just 6 minutes. You can plan your trip with Stockholm's local transport, SL .
The KTH student-led group Klimatstudenterna (the Climate Students) has prepared the KTH Climate Students Travel Guide (pdf 3.6 MB) to help students plan their travel to KTH in a more sustainable way.