Hans-Peter Nee was born in May 1963 in Västerås, Sweden. He studied electrical engineering at KTH and received his Master's, Lic. Tech., and Doctor's degrees in 1987, 1992, and 1996 respectively. In 1999 he was awarded a chair in Power Electronics -"Systems and Semiconductor Components".
His interests are:
- power electronic converters for FACTS, HVDC, windpower, variable-speed drives, and soft-switching converters for various applications
- control of power electronic converters and systems
- power semiconductor components, especially new components such as MOSFETs, JFETs, and BJTs in SiC, but also new designs of high-voltage IGBTs and diodes
- gate- and base drives for emerging power semiconductor components
- new valve concepts for high-voltage converters
- reliability of SiC power devices and converters
- high-temperature power electronics
He is an IEEE fellow and associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. He is also a member of the executive council of the European Power Electronics and Drives Association (EPE).
He is also a former chairman of the IEEE Sweden Section.