I am a researcher in traffic modeling, simulation and analysis. Since 2012 I have been director of the Centre for Traffic Research at the KTH Royal institute of technology in Stockholm, from where I obtained my PhD in Transport Planning in 2005. My research interests focus on modeling, analysis and optimisation of traffic processes, ranging from large-scale traffic data mining to autonomous and public transport modeling as well as system-wide traffic state estimation and prediction.
I have been co-supervisor for the following PhD students in Sweden (KTH) as well as in France:
• Oded Cats (KTH, graduated 2011), “Dynamic Modelling of Transit Operations and Passenger Decisions”, http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-49962
• Mahmood Rahmani (KTH, Graduated 2015),” Urban Travel Time Estimation from Sparse GPS Data: An Efficient and Scalable Approach”, http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-167798
• Qichen Deng (KTH, Lic, 2016), “Heavy-Duty Vehicle Platooning: Modeling and Analysis”,http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-181934
• Athina Tympakianaki (KTH, Graduated 2018),” Demand Estimation and Bottleneck Management Using Heterogeneous Traffic Data”, http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-221850
• Tatiana Babicheva (UVSQ, France, Graduated 2020), “Machine Learning for the distributed and dynamic management of a fleet of taxis and autonomous shuttles”, https://www.theses.fr/2021UPASG023#
• Toussaint Hoche (UVSQ, France, Graduated 2021), “Heuristics for the management of a fleet of autonomous, electrics, bookable and shareable taxis”, https://www.theses.fr/2021UPASG082
• Matej Cebecauer (KTH, Graduated 2021),” Enhancing Short-Term Traffic Prediction for Large-Scale Transport Networks by Spatio-Temporal Clustering”, http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-304732
• David Leffler (KTH, Graduated 2022), “Simulation-based Evaluation of Fixed to Flexible Transit”, http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-316520
I am currently supervising Boel Berg Wincent (KTH, expected licentiate 2023), “Modelling and analysis of micro-mobility services”.