Focus area 2: Machining & forming
This focus area is followed by an active working group.The Machining Working Group provides a common platform for partners from the industry and research organisations to collaborate on research and innovation topics in the field of machining in powertrain production.
Goals and objectives:
- To provide a productive environment for the industry and research partners to collaborate in topics of common interest and share experience and expertise to attain mutual benefits.
- To provide the industry with prompt access to experts with desired expertise in the industry’s field interests.
- To identify and propose innovative and industry relevant research topics for investigation and collaboration.
- To encourage partnership and communication within the industrial and research partners on topics of common interests.
- Robust and efficient machining.
- Process monitoring.
- Substitution of grinding by processes with defined cutting edge.
- Machining systems.
Efficient process chains for light weight components
If you have interests in the topics, please contact the working group coordinator: