The KTH Center for Cyber Defense and Information Security is a part of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at KTH and a collaboration between KTH and the Swedish Armed Forces (SwAF).
The center conducts and disseminates research in collaboration with SwAF and other parties, to increase Sweden's cyber defense and enable information security.
The objectives of the center are to develop knowledge, create novel methods, tools, concepts and applications in the area of cyber defense and information security and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to SwAF and related organisations.
It has a number of doctoral students working in both research and education, which includes training of conscripts to become cyber soldiers and transfer of knowledge. During 2019, the center recruited four doctoral students, and two more joined during 2020. In July 2020, the first cyber soldiers went into service.
The center is hosted by KTH School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) and is governed by a steering group with members from KTH and The Swedish Armed Forces (SwAF). Day to day management is executed by the centre director, Pontus Johnson, assisted by a management group which consists of representatives from SwAF and additional members of the KTH faculty.
The following individuals are included in the management group:
- Center director: Pontus Johnson
- Funding coordinator: Cyrille Artho
- SwAF liaison: David Olgart
- Research coordinator: Mads Dam
- Communication coordinator: Rolf Stadler
- Education coordinator: Charlotta Ridderstråle
- Advisor: Joel Brynielsson
The steering group is in charge of the development of center activities and oversees the activities of the centre. It consists of:
- Prof. Annika Stensson Trigell, KTH, (Chair)
- Prof. Jens Zander, KTH/EECS
- Prof. Gunnar Karlsson, KTH/EECS
- Major General Thomas Nilsson, SwAF (CIO)
- Colonel, Dr. Rikard Stridh, SwAF (Head of Research)
The objectives of the center are to:
- develop knowledge, create novel methods, tools, concepts and applications in the area of cyber defense and information security
- facilitate the transfer of knowledge to The Swedish Armed Forces (SwAF) and related organisations
Do you want to stay up to date about the center? Please subscribe to our mailing list .