Our basic education involves courses in programming, algorithms, operating systems, software development, compiling and computer engineering. On the advanced level we teach courses with a content from our research, but also courses outside our current research focus which are relevant for the master level. Several teachers have roles within all three levels of the education as responsible for a program or as director of studies.
Programmes and courses
The department of Software and Computer Systems participates in education program för Master of Science in Engineering "civilingenjör (5 years)" and Bachelor of Science in Engineering "högskoleingenjör (3 years)" as well as master programs and Bachelor programs. We also participate in programs hosted by other schools.
On the graduate level, we coordinate the project Marie Curie iSocial . The department is also participate in a programme for joint doctoral degrees, EMJD Erasmus Mundus joint doctorate program in Distributed Computing .
The department is involved in the following programmes:
- Information Technology, master of science in engineering 300hp (swedish)
- Computer Science, master of science in engineering 300hp (swedish)
- Computer Engineering, högskoleingenjör 180hp (swedish)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering, högskoleingenjör 180hp (swedish)
- Information and Communication Technology, bachelor 180hp
- Software Engineering for Dstribuerade Systems, master 120hp
- Computer Science, master 120hp
- ICT innovation, master 120hp
- ICT innovation (EIT Digital), master 120hp
- Communication Systems, master 120hp
- Machine Learning, master 120hp
- Embedded Systems, master 120hp
The divisions SCS and COS are responsible for courses in Computer Science for students on bachelor, master and doctoral level (all with prefix I except ID1212), most. but not all are given in Kista:
Courses within Computer Science
In addition we are responsible for EP2500, EP2510, EP2520 and participate in other courses as teachers, e.g. DD1351.