Selection criteria for the KTH Innovation Award
The recipient is selected from the submitted nominations. Here, you can read more about the selection criteria for the KTH Innovation Award.
A recipient of the KTH Innovation Award can be one or several individuals who are, or have been, affiliated with KTH through research or education.
It is someone who has taken an active role in creating a brighter tomorrow.
Creativity, grit and courage rewarded
The following three traits are rewarded:
- Creativity: to have shown an ability to think in new ways and take a different approach to solving established issues
- Grit: to tirelessly and passionately have worked towards a vision
- Courage: to have dared to take on big challenges to reach an important goal
Should have KTH connection
The recipient(s) should:
- be or have been a researcher at KTH, or;
- be or have been an employee at KTH, or;
- be a student or have studied at KTH for a substantial time, or;
- in another way have a strong connection to KTH;
Innovations for a better society
The recipient(s) should also:
- have founded one or several companies, or;
- have contributed to innovations in existing companies, for example with patents, or;
- in other ways transferred or utilized knowledge in society
A prestigious award committee selects the recipient of the KTH Innovation Award from the submitted nominations. Together, the five members should bring diverse experience of academia, research impact, startups and innovation from a Swedish and international perspective.