Division of Ergonomics
Ergonomics is a domain of interdisciplinary research and application which, with a holistic approach, handles the interactions between humans, technology and organization.
The aim is to, through human capabilities and needs, understand and develop theories, principles and methods for designing work systems that are healthy and efficient.
At the Division of Ergonomics research is conducted with focus on industrial and healthcare-related work systems. The research assumes both an organizational and an individual perspective, aiming to create good physical and psychosocial working conditions, while contributing to operational efficiency.
Research and development projects are run in cooperation with companies and organizations and are sometimes carried out as assignments.
Our vision is to be an internationally and nationally well-established and renowned institution for research, education and work collaboration, within the context of the department's activities.
The division’s assignment is to contribute to a sustainable work environment which promotes health and value-creating processes by:
- Developing and disseminating scientific knowledge and proven experience.
- Educate students at BSc, MSc and graduate levels.
- Interact with the surrounding community.
Our activities are characterized by high quality, efficiency, relevance and applicability.
- Further develop international and national collaborations within research and education.
- Our education should be characterized by pedagogic development as well as innovative and flexible forms of learning.
- Create networks and strengthen the cooperation with the working life within research, education and development.
- Actively disseminate our findings and experiences.
- Develop the activities and the employees’ skills, and strengthen the scientific seminar culture.
The unit shall be characterized by a high level of participation and by a generous climate where information is spread openly and everyone can express their opinion. Students, employees and other participants are treated with respect and attention, and they are given support and encouragement, thereby creating work satisfaction and community. Moreover, STH aims at keeping a professional approach where delegation of responsibility as well as authority keeps all the concerned involved in decision making.