Academic CV (here)
1. Higher education qualification
1997: M.Sc. in Vehicle Engineering (specialized in Systems Engineering, Applied mathematics), KTH.
2. Degree of Doctor
2002-09-13: Ph.D. in Electric Power Systems, KTH. Thesis title: “Reliability Centred Maintenance for Electric Power Distribution Systems”, Main supervisor Prof. Göran Andersson (until LicEng), Prof. Roland Eriksson (from LicEng), and Supervisor Professor Ron Allan, University of Manchester UK.
3. Postdoctoral positions
2002-2003: Post-doctoral visitor at University of Toronto.
4. Qualification required for appointment as docent
2008: Docent in Electrical Engineering, KTH.
5. Present position
- Professor in Power Grid Technology at KTH School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS). Appointed: May 2013.
- Director of the Energy Platform at KTH, November 2018.
- Coordinator for lifelong learning at KTH and EECS, December 2020.
6. Previous positions and periods of appointments
- Visiting Professor at Stanford University at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering with Stanford Sustainable Systems Laboratory, January 2014- July 2014.
- Professor in Sustainable Electric Power Systems at Chalmers University of Technology and Department of Energy and environment (EoM). Jan. 2009. - Aug. 31, 2013.
- Head of the Division of Electrical Engineering, Chalmers. Jan. 2009. - March 2012.
- R&D Director at Swedish National Grid. Sept. 2007. - Jan. 2009.
- Assistant Professor at KTH EES. June 2006 to Jan. 2009.
- Research Associate at KTH EES. July 2003 to June 2006.
- Graduate Student KTH EES. Jan. 1997 to Sept. 2002.
· 2 Ph.D. students at KTH (including one: industrial Ph.D. student with SAAB, and one student with Addis Ababa University). Continuous supervision of master thesis students and visiting researchers and students.
- Yue Cui, 2021.
- Carl Johan Wallnerström, 2014.
- Chris Saunders, 2011-2013.
- Katharina Fischer, 2009-2012.
Ph.D. students (graduated)
- Yue Cui, 2021 January, Ph.D. KTH, Currently PostDoc at KTH and the RCAM group.
- Peyman Mazidi, 2018 March, Ph.D. Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate KTH and the Universidad Pontificia Comillas. (currently at Loyola Institute of Science and Technology).
- Yasir Arafat 2015 August, LicEng (currently at Chalmers and Gothenburg Energy)
- Pavan Balram 2014 August, LicEng (currently at Chalmers)
- Pramod Bangalore 2014 May, LicEng (currently at GreenByte)
- Francois Besnard, 2013 Ph.D., 2009 LicEng (currently at O2)
- Feng Wang, 2013 LicEng (currently at ABB)
- David Steen, 2012 LicEng (currently at Chalmers)
- Mebtu Beza, 2012 LicEng (currently at Chalmers)
- Mauro Rosso, 2010 Ph.D. (double degree with INESC Porto), (currently at INESC)
- Julia Westberg (Nilsson), 2009 LicEng (currently at Ad Lantic Media)
- Johan Setréus, 2009 LicEng (currently at Swedish National Grid)
- Carl Johan Wallnerström, 2008 LicEng (currently at Swedish Energy Market Inspectorate)
- Patrik Hilber, 2008 Ph.D., 2005 LicEng (currently at KTH)
- Tommie Lindquist, 2008 Ph.D., 2005 LicEng (currently at National Grid)
8. National and international awards and prices
2019: IVAs list of 100 national projects important for the future industry “RCAM and predictive maintenance”.
2016: Appointed as Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE PES.
2013: Wenner-Gren Foundation, sabbatical scholarship for a visit at Stanford University.
2013: Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation scholarship for a research visit at Stanford University.
2011: Super Talent 2010 by Veckans Affärer.
2008: Senior Member of IEEE.
2007: Torsten Lindströms Electrical power system award at KTH.
2003: Sydkraft (E.ON) Research scholarship (for the Ph.D. thesis).
2002: Sweden-America Foundation, scholarship for Postdoctoral research.
2000: Elforsk prize awarded for scientific work within the field of maintenance (for the LicEng).
9. Selected Current boards and appointments
Member of the Steering committee of the IEEE PES ISGT Europe conference.
Member of the Program Committee of World Energy Council.
Program Committee member of the Swedish Electromobility Center (SEC) (representing KTH).
Member of the Nomination Committee of Polhelmspriset.
Vice-Chair of the Board of Parliamentarians and Researchers (Rifo).
Member of the National Strategic Council for Wind Power.
Member of the National Committee of Ciréd.
Chairman of the SEK Svensk Elstandard.
10. Selected previous assignments
- External reviewer for the EU commission on Energy, ICT, and Security.
- Research Committee for applications with relevance to energy for the Swedish Research Council (VR) 2011-2012.
Reviewer for Journals of Electrical Power and Energy System, Electric Power Systems Research, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Power Delivery, Energy Conversion, Smart Grid, Sustainable Energy and IET.
Reviewer of several periodical conferences; IEEE PES GM, ISGT, PowerTech, PMAPS, CIRED.
Chair of the:
- Chair of the Swedish IEEE PE/PEL Chapter, 2009-2019.
- IEEE PES ISGT Europe Steering Committee, 2010-2015.
- IEEE Reliability Risk and Probability Applications (RRPA) Subcommittee, 2011-2013.
- 1st IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Europe conference, Gothenburg, 2010.
- 9th International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied for Power Systems (PMAPS), Stockholm, 2006.
Member of the following boards and councils:
Member of the Advisory Council of the Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate (2009-2020).
Member of the Scientific Board of the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (2011-2019).
Board of the PowerCircle (2013-2017).
IVA Project Vägval El (2014-2017).
The IEEE Power & Energy Society. In the role as Treasurer respectively Secretary (2012-2016).
Editorial board member of the IEEE Transactions of Smart Grid (2010-2015).
The Swedish Government Coordination Council for smart grid (2012-2014).
EU project on Grid4Vehicles (2010-2011).
Swedish Wind Power Technology Center (SWPTC) (2010-2013).
Elforsk and STRI (2008-2009).
Industrial Research Committee of IVA (2007-2009).
Faculty board of KTH (2007-2008).
Centre of Excellence on Electric Engineering, EKC at KTH (2001-2008).
- University board of KTH (2001-2002).