Welcome to the Optical Networking course (IO2654)
The Course PM for 2017 can be downloaded here.
The aim of this course is to provide the students with a basic understanding of what optical networks are, and how they work. More in detail the main contents of course are:
- Basics on communication networks
- Layered network models
- The optical layer and the WDM concept
- Optical Networks static design
- Dynamic provisioning in optical networks
- Optical network survivability
- Control and management for optical networks
- Optical access networks
This course requires a minimum number of 10 students registered. The course may be cancelled is this minimum number is not met.