Log in to your course web
You are not logged in KTH, so we cannot customize the content.
Welcome to the Optical Networking course (IO2654)
The Course PM for 2017 can be downloaded here.
The aim of this course is to provide the students with a basic understanding of what optical networks are, and how they work. More in detail the main contents of course are:
- Basics on communication networks
- Layered network models
- The optical layer and the WDM concept
- Optical Networks static design
- Dynamic provisioning in optical networks
- Optical network survivability
- Control and management for optical networks
- Optical access networks
This course requires a minimum number of 10 students registered. The course may be cancelled is this minimum number is not met.