Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The work should include problems that give specialisation/broadening within the main subject. The degree project is carried out independently. The work is located at KTH or a workplace outside KTH. The student is supervised during the work by supervisors at both KTH and at the workplace if outside KTH.
Intended learning outcomes
1. demonstrate knowledge of the chosen topic's scientific foundation and established background, in-depth insight into current research and development, as well as in-depth methodological knowledge.
2. show the ability to holistically, critically and systematically search, collect and integrate knowledge, and to identify one´s need for further knowledge
3. show the ability to identify, analyse, assess, and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations, even with limited information
4. show the ability to plan and with adequate methods carry out advanced tasks within given time frames, and to evaluate this work
5. show the ability to clearly present and discuss conclusions and the underlying arguments with different groups both orally and in writing
6. show the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
7. design and handle products, processes, methods, systems or technical solutions, taking into consideration human conditions and needs, and the society's aim for economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development
8. show the skills required to participate in research and development work, or to work independently in other advanced activities
Literature and preparations
- Number credits (completely completed courses): According to decision in the Education Committee
- All courses that are required for issuing the Degree of Bachelor and at least 60 credits of courses for second-cycle studies should be fully completed. These 60 credits should include all courses in the program  relevant to the degree project and a course in theory of knowledge.
- A course in scientific methodology must be finally reported as completed with a passing grade.
-  In the case that the student is enrolled both on a Master of Science in Engineering and a Master's programme.
The degree project should normally be carried out under the program´s last semester. The examiner should check that the student satisfies the entry requirements. Exemption from entry requirements can, after assessment, be granted by the Director of First and Second Cycle Education.
The literature is decided individually depending on the assignment. A reading list can be suggested by the examiner or supervisor.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web KD200X