Born 1962 in Anhui, China. Bachelor in 1983 in Corrosion & Protection of Metals, and MSc. in 1986 in Surface Science & Corrosion Engineering, at University of Science & Technology Beijing. During 1986-1990 worked at Central Iron & Steel Research Institute, Beijing, China. During 1990-1992 worked at Swedish Corrosion Institute. Doctor of Science in 1996 in Corrosion Science at KTH. Research Associate since 1997, Associate professor since 2003, and Professor in Corrosion Science at KTH since 2010. Author or co-author of more than 170 scientific papers published in peer-reviewed international scientific journals and 13 papers in conference proceedings.
I have been focusing on the study of localized corrosion of various alloys with heterogeneous microstructure and new green corrosion protection strategies such as composite films and coatings, by using advanced electrochemical methods, state-of-the-art microscopic and spectroscopic techniques, and world-class synchrotron techniques. In recent years, theoretical modelling, both FEM and DFT, have been used to combine with experiments in our research. My research activities have been in close collaboration with Swedish industries. All my graduate students are partially or fully financed by one or more Swedish companies, and most of my research projects have resulted in joint publications and in some cases also patents together with industries.
Collaboration with industrial and institute partners: Sandvik Materials Technology, Uddehoms AB, SSAB, Sapa Technology, Biopolymers AB, Swerim, RISE, VTT.
Ongoing and recent research projects
VR project (2022-2026): Holistic fundamental understanding of hydrogen-microstructure interactions in duplex stainless steel to combat hydrogen embrittlement
SSF Industrial Doctoral Student Project (collaboration with Sandvik Materials Technology, 2020-2025): Stability of passive film on advanced Ni-base alloys
Formas Project (2022-2024): Turning shortcomings of lignin to advantages for green anti-corrosion and anti-wear coatings
VR infrastructure project (collaboration with Lund univeristy, 2021-2024): In situ surface sensitive X-Ray Absorption Near Edge Spectroscopy as a new tool for corrosion studies of passive films in steels and recycled aluminum alloys
Vinnopva project (2022-2023): Reveal H-induced cracking in duplex stainless steel by neutron and x-ray diffraction and imaging
Vinnova project (collaboration with Uddeholms AB, 2020-2022): Analysis of passive films of advanced tooling alloys by synchrotron X-ray photoelectron techniques
NKS-R project (collaboration with VTT, 2019-2021): Corrosion of copper in sulphide containing environment: the role and properties of sulphide films
STINT project (collaboration with Tsinghua university, 2019-2021): Development of smart functional nano-composite coatings with bio-inspired and 2D materials
VR project (2016-2020): Understanding passivity and breakdown of advanced alloys through combined local electrochemical probing and synchrotron-based analyses
VR RÅC project (collaboration with Lund university, Chalmers university, Hamburg university, Giessen Unversity, 2016-2020): In situ high energy diffraction from electrochemical materials
Vinnova pilot project (collaboration with Sandvik Materials Technology, 2018-2019): Characterization of hydrogen-strain interactions in duplex stainless steel microstructures
Uddholm industrial doctoral student project (2013-2017): Corrosion resistance in tooling steels
SSF project (collaboration with Lund university, 2012-2017): Aluminum oxides for processes and products
Supervising of doctoral theses
Marie Långberg, 2020, Thesis title:Passivity & Breakdown of Super Duplex Stainless Steel: Studied with Electrochemical & Synchrotron Techniques.
Min Liu, 2019, Thesis title:DFT calculations of initial localized corrosion of aluminum - Influence of aqueous ad-layer, chloride ions, and intermetallic particles.
Krishnan Hariramabadran Anantha, 2018. Thesis title:An experimental study to understand the localized corrosion and environment-assisted cracking behavior of AISI 420-martensitic stainless steel.
Litao Yin, 2018. Thesis title:FEM modelling of micro-galvanic corrosion in Al alloys induced by intermetallic particles - exploration of chemical and geometrical effects.
Jing Li, 2015. Thesis titleUnderstanding corrosion protection mechanisms of nanocomposite polymer coatings on carbon steel.
Mattias Forslund, 2014. Thesis titleMicro-galvanic effects and corrosion inhibition of copper-zinc alloys.
Majid Sababi, 2013. Thesis titleNanocomposite coatings for corrosion protection.
Eleonora Bettini, 2013. Thesis titleInfluence of carbides and nitrides on corrosion initiation of advanced alloys - A local probing study.
Fan Zhang, 2013. Thesis titleMussel adhesive protein (Mefp-1) – a green corrosion inhibitor.
Namurata Sathirachinda, 2010. Thesis titleRelative nobility of precipitated phases in stainless steels – evaluation with a combination of local probing techniques.
Ali Davoodi, 2008. Thesis titleIn-situ electrochemical study of mechanism of localized corrosion of Al alloys.
Johan Öijerholm, 2007. Thesis titleStudy of transport properties of oxides.
Anna Norlin, 2005. Thesis titleInvestigation of electrochemical properties and performance of stimulating/sensing electrodes for pacemaker applications.
Marc Femenia, 2003. Thesis titleCorrosion behavior of duplex stainless steels in acidic-chloride solutions studied with micrometer resolution.
Daniel Wallinder, 2001. Thesis titleStudies of surface treatments of stainless steel for improved corrosion resistance.
Sergei Rudenja, 1999. Thesis titleDuplex TiN coating on stainless steel – an electrochemical and surface analysis study.
Recent publications (2012-2022)
Peer reviewed scientific journals:
1. M. Liu, Y. Jin, J. Pan, “Relevance of implicit and explicit solvent in density-functional theory study of adsorption at electrochemical NaCl/Al interface”, Mater. Today Commu.,31(2022) 103425.
2. Y. Li, Z. Kang, X. Zhang, J. Pan, Y. Ren, G. Zhou, “Fabricating an anti-corrosion carbonate coating on Mg-Li alloy by low-temperature plasma”, Surf. & Coat. Tech.,439 (2022) 128418.
3. X. Yue, Z. Yang, L. Huang, L. Zhang, J. Li, Z. Xue, J. Pan, “Passivation characteristics of ultra-thin 316L foil in NaCl solutions”, J. Mater. Sci. & Tech.,127 (2022) 192.
4. J. Pan, C. Örnek, U. Lienert, M. Liu, T. Müller, F. Zhang, V. Ratia-Hanby, L. Carpén, E. Isotahdon, “Reply to Comment on “Corrosion-induced microstructure degradation of copper in sulfide-containing simulated anoxic groundwater studied by synchrotron high-energy X-ray diffraction andab-initiodensity functional theory calculation””,Corro. Sci.,199 (2022) 110183.
5. Y. Cao, D. Zheng, F. Zhang, J. Pan, C. Lin, “Layered double hydroxide (LDH) for multi-functionalized corrosion protection of metals: A review”,J. Mater. Sci. & Techno.,102 (2022) 232.
6. C. Örnek, T. Müller, B.M. Şeşen, U. Kivisäkk, F. Zhang, M. Långberg, U. Lienert, A. Jeromin, T.F. Keller, E. Lundgren, and J. Pan, “Hydrogen-induced micro-strain evolution in super suplex stainless steel—correlative high-energy X-Ray diffraction, electron backscattered diffraction, and digital image correlation,Front. Mater.,8(2022) 793120.
7. A. Larsson, G. D’Acunto, M. Vorobyova, G. Abbondanza, U. Lienert, Z. Hegedüs, A.Preobrajenski, L.R. Merte, J. Eidhagen, A. Delblanc, J. Pan, and Edvin Lundgren, “Thickness and composition of native oxides and near-surface regions of Ni superalloys”J. Alloys & Compounds,895 (2022) 162657.
8. M. Liu, Y. Jin, B. Chen, C. Leygraf, L. Wang, J. Pan, “Density functional theory study of influence of oxide thickness and surface alloying on Cl migration withinα-Al2O3”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,168 (2021) 081508.
9. J. Zhao, D. Wang, F. Zhang, Y. Liu, B. Chen, Z.L. Wang, J. Pan, R. Larsson, Y. Shi, “Real-time and online lubricating oil condition monitoring enabled by triboelectric nanogenerator”,ACS Nano,15 (2021) 11869.
10. F. Zhang, C. Örnek, M. Liu, T. Müller, U. Lienert, V. Ratia-Hanby, L. Carpén, E. Isotahdon,J. Pan, “Corrosion-induced microstructure degradation of copper in sulfide-containing simulated anoxic groundwater studied by synchrotron high-energy X-ray diffraction andab-initiodensity functional theory calculation”,Corros. Sci.,184 (2021) 109390.
11. Y. Ni, F. Zhang, D.I. Njoku, Y. Yu, J. Pan, M. Meng, Y. Li, “Corrosion mechanism of CuAl-NiC abradable seal coating system—Theinfluence of porosity, multiphase, and multilayer structure on thecorrosion failure”,J. Mater. Sci. & Tech.,88 (2021) 258.
12. Y.H. Liew, C. Örnek, J. Pan, D. Thierry, S. Wijesinghe, D.J. Blackwood, “Towards understanding micro-galvanic activities in localised corrosion of AA2099 aluminium alloy”,Electrochimica Acta,392 (2021) 139005.
13. Z. Bian, L. Zhang, S. Wu, F. He, F. Zhang, J. Pan, G. Xie, “Temperature effect on mechanical strength and frictional properties of polytetrafluoroethylene‐based core‐shell nanocomposites”, J. Appl. Polymer,138, 49929 (2021).
14. J. Cheng, N. Mei, S. Chen, P. Bai, B. Shen, J. Pan, F. Zhang, “Interactions in composite film formation ofMefp-1/graphene on carbon steel”,Coatings,11 (2021) 1161.
15. C. Örnek, A. Larsson, G. Harlow, F. Zhang, R. Kroll, F. Carlà, H. Hussain, U. Kivisäkk, D.L Engelberg, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Metastable precursor structures in hydrogen-infused super duplex stainless steel microstructure – An operando diffraction experiment”,Corro. Sci.,176, 109021 (2020).
16. Y-H. Liew, C. Örnek, J. Pan, D. Thierry, S. Wijesinghe, D. J. Blackwood, “In-situ time-lapse SKPFM investigation of sensitized AA5083 aluminum alloy to understand localized corrosion”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,167, 141502 (2020).
17. C. Örnek, T. Müller, U. Kivisäkk, F. Zhang, M. Långberg, U. Lienert, K.-H. Hwang, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Operando time- and space-resolved high-energy X-ray diffraction measurement to understand hydrogen-microstructure interactions in duplex stainless steel”,Corro. Sci.,175, 108899 (2020).
18. M. Långberg, F. Zhang, E. Grånäs, C. Örnek, J. Cheng, M. Liu, C. Wiemann, A. Gloskovskii, T. Keller, C. Schlueter, S. Kulkarni, H. Noei, D. Lindell, U. Kivisäkk, E. Lundgren, A. Stierle, J. Pan, “Lateral variation of the native passive film on super duplex stainless steel resolved by synchrotron hard X-ray photoelectron emission microscopy”,Corro. Sci.,174, 108841 (2020).
19. J. Pan, “Studying the passivity and breakdown of duplex stainless steels at micrometer and nanometer scales - the influence of microstructure”,Front. Mater.,7: 133 (2020).
20. C. Örnek, A. Larsson, G. Harlow, F. Zhang, R. Kroll, F. Carlà, H. Hussain, U. Kivisäkk, D.L Engelberg, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Time-resolved GIXRD Measurement to Understand the Effect of Hydrogen on Surface Strain Development in Super Duplex Stainless Steel”, Scripta Materialia,187, 63 (2020).
21. C. Örnek, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “Real-time corrosion monitoring of aluminum alloy using scanning Kelvin probe force microscopy”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,167, 081502 (2020).
22. J. Cheng, S. Chen, F. Zhang, B. Shen, X. Liu, J. Pan, “Corrosion- and wear-resistant composite film of graphene and mussel adhesive proteins on carbon steel”,Corro. Soc.,164 (2020) 108351.
23. F. Zhang, C. Örnek, J.O. Nilsson, J. Pan, “Anodisation of aluminium alloy AA7075 – Influence of intermetallic particles on anodic oxide growth”,Corro. Soc.,164 (2020) 108319.
24. R. Hou, F. Zhang, P. Jiang, S. Dong, J. Pan, C. Lin, “Corrosion inhibition of pre-formed mussel adhesive protein (Mefp-1) film to magnesium alloy”,Corro. Soc.,164 (2020) 108309.
25. Y. He, Y. Boluk, J. Pan, A. Ahniyaz, T. Deltin, P.M. Claesson, “Comparative study of CNC and CNF as additives in waterborne acrylate-based anti-corrosion coatings”,J. Dispersion Sci. Techno.41 (2020) 2037.
26. F. Zhang, J. Pan, “Recent development of corrosion protection strategy based on mussel adhesive protein – Mini review”,Front. Mater.6 (2019) 207.
27. L. Yin, W. Li, Y. Wang, Y. Jin, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, “Numerical simulation of micro-galvanic corrosion of Al alloys: effect of density of Al(OH)3, precipitate”,Electrochim. Acta,324 (2019) 134847.
28. Y. Cao, D. Zheng, J. Luo, F. Zhang, S. Dong, J. Pan, C. Lin, “Insight into the fabrication of ZnAl layered double hydroxides intercalated with organic anions and their corrosion protection of steel reinforced concrete”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,166, C617-C623 (2019).
29. S. Chen, B. Shen, F. Zhang, H. Hong, J. Pan, “Mussel-inspired graphene film with enhanced durability as a macroscale solid lubricant”,ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces,11, 31386-31392 (2019).
30. M. Liu, Y. Jin, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, “Co-adsorption of H2O, OH, and Cl on Aluminum and intermetallic surfaces and its effects on the work function studied by DFT calculations”,Molecules,24 (2019) 4284.
31. M. Långberg, C. Örnek, F. Zhang, J. Cheng, M. Liu, E. Grånäs, C.Wiemann, A. Gloskovskii, Y. Matveyev, S. Kulkarni, H. Noei, T. F. Keller, D. Lindell, U. Kivisäkk, E. Lundgren, A. Stierle, and J. Pan, “Characterization of native oxide and passive film on austenite/ferrite phases of duplex stainless steel using synchrotron HAXPEEM”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,166, C3336-C3130 (2019).
32. M. Långberg, C. Örnek, J. Evertsson, G.S. Harlow, W. Linpé, L. Rullik, F. Carlà, R. Felici, E. Bettini, U. Kivisäkk, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Redefining passivity breakdown of super duplex stainless steel by electrochemical operandosynchrotron near surface X-ray analyses”,npj Mater. Degradation,3, 22 (2019).
33. Y. He, Y. Boluk, J. Pan, A. Ahniyaz, T. Deltin, P.M. Claesson, “Corrosion protective properties of cellulose nanocrystals reinforced waterborne acrylate-based composite coating”,Corro. Soc.,155, 186-194 (2019).
34. M. Liu, Y. Jin, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, "A DFT-study of Cl ingress into α-Al2O3(0001) and Al(111) and its possible influence on localized corrosion of Al”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,166, C3124-C3130 (2019).1. J. Li, L. Ecco, A. Ahniyaz, J. Pan, “Probing electrochemical mechanism of polyaniline and CeO2 nanoparticles in alkyd coating with in-situ electrochemical-AFM and IRAS”,Progress of Organic Coatings,132, 399-408 (2019).
35. F. Zhang, C. Chen, R. Hou, J. Li, Y. Cao, S. Dong, C. Lin, J. Pan, “Investigation and application of mussel adhesive protein nanocomposite film-forming inhibitor for reinforced concrete engineering”,Corro. Soc.,148, x-xx (2019).
36. C. Örnek, M. Långberg, J. Evertsson, G. Harlow, W. Linpé, L. Rullik, F. Carlà, R. Felici, U. Kivisäkk, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Influence of surface strain on passive film formation of duplex stainless steel and its degradation in corrosive environment”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,166, C1-C10 (2019).
37. C. Örnek, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “Passive film characterization of duplex stainless steel using scanning Kelvin prove force microscopy in combination with electrochemical measurements”,npj Mater. Degradation, 3:8 (2019).
38. C, Örnek, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “On the Volta potential measured by SKPFM – fundamental and practical aspects with relevance to corrosion science”,Corro. Engin., Sci. Techno.,54, 185-198 (2019).
39. K. Anantha, C. Örnek, S. Ejnermark, A. Thuvander, A. Medvedeva, J. Sjöström, J. Pan, “Experimental and modeling study of the effect of tempering on the susceptibility to environment-assisted cracking of AISI 420 martensitic stainless steel”,Corro. Soc.,148, 83-93 (2019).
40. D. S. Kharitonov, J. Sommertune, C. Örnek, J. Ryl, I. I. Kurilo, P. M. Claesson, J. Pan, “Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminum Alloy AA6063-T5 by Vanadates: Local surface chemical events elucidated by confocal Raman micro-spectroscopy”,Corro. Soc.,148, 237-250 (2019).
41. L. Yin, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, Y. Jin, “Experimental and simulation investigations of copper reduction mechanism with and without addition of SPS”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,165, D604-D611 (2018).
42. C. Örnek, M. Långberg, J. Evertsson, G. Harlow, W. Linpé, L. Rullik, F. Carlà, R. Felici, E. Bettini, U. Kivisäkk, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “In-situ synchrotron GIXRD study of passive film evolution on duplex stainless steel in corrosive environment”,Corros. Sci.,141, 18-21 (2018).
43. C. Örnek, P. Reccagni, U. Kivisääk, E. Bettini, D. Engelberg, J. Pan, “Hydrogen embrittlement of super duplex stainless steel – towards understanding the effect of microstructure and strain”,Inter. J. Hydrogen Energy,43, 12543-12555 (2018).
44. C. Örnek, M. Liu, J. Pan, Y. Jin, C. Leygraf, “Volta potential evolution of intermetallics in aluminium alloy microstructure under thin aqueous adlayers: a combined DFT and Experimental study”,Topics in Catalysis,61, 1169-1182 (2018).
45. J. Chen, J. Pan, T. Wang, X. Liu, “Micro-galvanic corrosion of Cu/Ru couple in potassium periodate (KIO4),Corros. Sci.,137, 184-193 (2018).
46. Y. He, I. Dobryden, J. Pan, A. Ahniyaz, T. Deltin, R.W. Corkery, P.M. Claesson, “Nano-scale mechanical and wear properties of a waterborne hydroxyacrylicmelamine anti-corrosion coating”,Appl. Surf. Sci.,457, 548-558 (2018).
47. D. S. Kharitonov, C. Örnek, P. M. Claesson, J. Sommertune, I. M. Zharskii, I. I. Kurilo, Jinshan Pan, “Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminum Alloy AA6063-T5 by Vanadates:Microstructure Characterization and Corrosion Analysis”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,165, C116-C126 (2018).
48. Y. Jin, Z. Lai, P. Bi, S. Yan, L. Wen, Y. Wang, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, “Combining lithography and capillary techniques for local electrochemical property measurements”,Electrochemistry Communications,87, 53-57 (2018).
49. Y. Wang, L. Yin, Y. Jin, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, “Numerical simulation of micro-galvanic corrosion in Al alloys: steric hindrance effect of corrosion product”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C1035-C1043 (2017).
50. K. Anantha, Cem Örnek, S. Ejnermark, A. Medvedeva, J. Sjöström, J. Pan, “In situ AFM study of localized corrosion processes of tempered AISI 420 martensitic stainless steel: effect of secondary hardening”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C810-C818 (2017).
51. F. Zhang, J. Evertsson, F. Bertram, L. Rullik, F. Carla, M. Långberg, E. Lundgren, J. Pan, “Integration of electrochemical and synchrotron-based X-ray techniques for in-situ investigation of aluminum anodization”,Electrochimica Acta,241, 299-308 (2017).
52. L. Yin, Y. Jin, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “Numerical simulation of micro-galvanic corrosion of Al alloys: effect of chemical factors",J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C768-C778 (2017).
53. Y. Jin, M. Liu, C. Zhang, C. Leygraf, L. Wen, J. Pan, “First-principle calculation of Volta potential of intermetallic particles in aluminum alloys and practical implications”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C465-C473 (2017).
54. H. Huang, I. Dobryden, N. Ihrner, M. Johansson, H. Ma, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, Temperature-dependent surface nanomechanical properties of a thermoplastic nanocomposite,J. Collo. & Interf. Sci.,494, 204-214 (2017).
55. F. Zhang, G. Xie, J. Pan, “Tunable adsorption and film formation of mussel adhesive protein by potential control”,Langmuir, 33, 8749-8756 (2017).
56. C. Chen, R. Hou, F. Zhang, S. Dong, P. M. Claesson, C. Lin, J. Pan, Heating-induced enhancement of corrosion protection of carbon steel by a nanocomposite film containing mussel adhesive protein,J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C188-C193 (2017).
57. K. Anantha, Cem Örnek, S. Ejnermark, A. Medvedeva, J. Sjöström, J. Pan, Correlative microstructure analysis and in situ corrosion study of AISI 420 martensitic stainless steel for plastic molding applications,J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C85-C93 (2017).
58. L. Yin, Y. Jin, C. Leygraf, Nick Birbilis, J. Pan, “Numerical simulation of micro-galvanic corrosion in Al alloys: effect of geometric factors",J. Electrochem. Soc.,164, C75-C84 (2017).
59. S. Hosseinpour, M. Forslund, C.M. Johnson, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, “Atmospheric corrosion of Cu, Zn, and Cu-Zn alloys protected by self-assembled monolayers of alkanethiols”,Surf. Sci.,648, 170-176 (2016).
60. P. Jian, R. Hou, C. Chen, L. Sun, S. Dong, J. Pan, C. Lin, “Controllable degradation of medical magnesium by electrodeposited composite films of mussel adhesive protein (Mefp-1) and chitosan”,J. Collo. & Interf. Sci.,478, 246-255 (2016).
61. S. Ferraris, A. Vitale, E. Bertone, S. Guastella, C. Cassinelli, J. Pan, S. Spriano, “Multifunctional commercially pure titanium for the improvement of bone integration: multiscale topography, wettability, corrosion resistance and biological functionalization”,Mater. Sci. & Eng.: C,60, 384-393 (2016).
62. J. Cheng, T. Wang, J. Pan, X. Lu, “Corrosion investigations of ruthenium in potassium periodate solutions relevant for chemical mechanical polishing”,J. Electronic Materials,5, 1-9 (2016).
63. L. Yin, Y. Jin, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “A FEM model for investigation of micro-galvanic corrosion of Al alloys and effects of deposition of corrosion products”,Electrochimica Acta,192, 310-318 (2016).
64. S. Jafarzadeh, P.M. Claesson, P.E. Sundell, E. Tyrode, J. Pan, “Active corrosion protection by conductive composites of polyaniline in a UV-cured polyester acrylate coating”,Prog. Org. Coat.,90, 154-162 (2016).
65. F. Zhang, J.O. Nilsson, J. Pan, “In-situ and operando AFM and EIS studies of anodization of Al6060: influence of intermetallic particles”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,163, C609-C618 (2016).
66. C. Chen, F. Zhang, C. Lin, J. Pan, “Corrosion protection and self-healing of a nanocomposite film of mussel adhesive protein and CeO2 nanoparticles on carbon steel”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,163, C545-C552 (2016).
67. J. Li, H. Huang, M. Fielden, J. Pan, L. Ecco, C. Schellbach, G. Delmas, P. M. Claesson, “Towards the mechanism of electrochemical activity and self-healing of 1 wt% PTSA doped polyaniline in alkyd composite polymer coating: combined AFM-based studies”,RSC Advances,6 (23), 19111-19127 (2016).
68. L. Ejenstam, M. Tuominen, J. Haapanen, J. M. Mäkelä, J. Pan, A. Swerin, P. M. Claesson, “Long-term corrosion protection by a thin nano-composite coating”,Appl. Surf. Sci.,357, 2333-2342 (2015).
69. J. Li, L. Ecco, A. Ahniyaz, M. Fedel, J. Pan, “In-situ AFM and electrochemical study of a waterborne acrylic composite coating with CeO2 nanoparticles for corrosion protection of carbon steel”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,162, C610-C618 (2015).
70. L. Ejenstam, A. Swerin, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, “Corrosion protection by hydrophobic silica particle-polydimethylsiloxane composite coatings”,Corro. Sci.,99, 89-97 (2015).
71. M. Forslund, J. Pan, S. Hosseinpour, F. Zhang, M. Johnson, P. M. Claesson, C. Leygraf, ”Corrosion inhibition of two brass alloys by octadecanethiol in humidified air with formic acid”Corrosion,71, 908-917 (2015).
72. J. Evertsson, F. Bertram, F. Zhang, L. Rullik, L.R. Merte, M. Shipilin, M. Soldemo, S. Ahmadi, N. Vinogradov, F. Carlà, J. Weissenrieder, M. Göthelid, J. Pan, A. Mikkelsen, J.-O. Nilsson, E. Lundgren, “The thickness of native oxides on aluminium alloys and single crystalls”,App. Surf. Sci.,349, 826-832 (2015).
73. J. Li, L. Ecco, M. Fedel, V. Ermini, G. Delmas, J. Pan, “In-situ AFM and EIS study of a solventborne alkyd coating with nanoclay for corrosion protection of carbon steel”,Prog. Org. Coat.,87, 179-188 (2015).
74. J. Li, L. Ecco, G. Delmas, N. Whitehouse, P. Collins, F. Deflorian, J. Pan, “In-situ AFM and EIS Study of waterborne acrylic latex coatings for Corrosion Protection of Carbon Steel”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,162, C55-C63 (2015).
75. R. Álvarez-Asencio, M. Sababi, J. Pan, S. Ejnermark, L. Ekman, M. W. Rutland, “Role of microstructure on corrosion initiation of an experimental tool alloy: a quantitative nanomechanical property mapping study”,Corros. Sci.,89, 236-241 (2014).
76. S. Jafarzadeh, P.M. Claesson, P.-E. Sundell, J. Pan, E. Thormann, “Nanoscale electrical and mechanical characteristics of conductive polyaniline network in polymer composite films”,ACS Appl. Mater. & Interf.,6, 19168-19175 (2014).
77. F. Bertram, F. Zhang, J. Evertsson, F. Carl, J. Pan, M. Messing, A. Mikkelsen, J.-O. Nilsson, E. Lundgren, “In situ anodization of aluminum surfaces studied by x-ray reflectivity and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy”,J. Applied Physics,116, 034902 (2014).
78. S. Jafarzadeh, P.M. Claesson, J. Pan, E. Thormann, “Direct measurement of colloidal interactions between hydrophilic and hydrophobic polyaniline particles in a UV-curable coating formulation”,Langmuir,30, 1045-1054 (2014).
79. G. Xie, M. Forslund, J. Pan, “Direct electrochemical synthesis of reduced graphene oxide (rGO)/copper composite films and their electrical/electroactive properties”,ACS Applied Mater. & Interf.,6, 7444–7455 (2014).
80. M. Forslund, C. Leygraf, P. M. Claesson, J. Pan, ”Octadecanethiol as corrosion inhibitor for zinc and patterned zinc-copper in humidified air with formic acid”J. Electrochem. Soc.,161, C1-C9 (2014).
81. M. Sababi, J. Pan, P.-E. Augustsson, P.-E. Sundell, P. M. Claesson, “Influence of conducting polymer and ceria nanoparticle additives on corrosion protection of a UV-cure coating on carbon steel”,Corros. Sci.,84, 189-197 (2014).
82. E. Bettini, U. Kivisäkk, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “Study of corrosion behavior of a 2507 super duplex stainless steel: influence of quenched-in and isothermal chromium nitrides”,Intern. J. Electrochem.Soc.,9, 61-80 (2014).
83. G. Pan, C. Balagna, L. Martino, J. Pan, S. Spriano, ”Microstructure and transformation temperatures in rapid solidified Ni-Ti alloys. Part II: The effect of copper addition”,J. Alloys & Compounds,589, 633-642 (2014).
84. L.G. Ecco, J. Li, M. Fedel, F. Deflorian, J. Pan, “EIS and in situ AFM study of barrier property and stability of waterborne and solventborne clear coats”,Prog. Org. Coat.,77, 600-608 (2014).
85. L. Ejenstam, L. Ovaskainen; I. Rodriguez-Meizoso; L. Wågberg; J. Pan; A. Swerin; P.M Claesson, “The effect of superhydrophobic wetting state on corrosion protection - the AKD example”,J. Collo. and Interf. Sci.,412, 56-64 (2013).
86. E. Bettini, U. Kivisäkk, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, ”Study of corrosion behavior of a 22% Cr duplex stainless steel: influence of nano-sized chromium nitrides and exposure temperature”.Electrochimica Acta,113, 280-289 (2013).
87. M. Forslund, C. Leygraf, P.M. Claesson, C. Lin, J. Pan, “Micro-galvanic corrosion effects on patterned copper-zinc samples during exposure in humidified air containing formic acid”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,160, C423-431 (2013).
88. E. Bettini, C. Leygraf, J. Pan, “Nature of current increase for CoCrMo biomedical alloys: “transpassive” dissolution vs. water oxidation”,Intern. J. Electrochem.Soc.,8, 11791-11804 (2013).
89. S. Jafarzadeh, M. Johansson, P-E. Sundell, M. Claudino, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, “UV-curable acrylate based nanocomposites-effect of polyaniline additives on the curing performance”,Polymers for Advanced Technologies,24, 668-678 (2013).
90. F. Zhang, T. Brinck, B.D. Brandner, P.M. Claesson, A. Dedinaite, J. Pan, “In-situ confocal Raman micro-spectroscopy and electrochemical studies of mussel adhesive protein and ceria composite film on carbon steel in salt solutions”,Electrochimica Acta,107, 276-291 (2013).
91. R. Á. Asencio, J. Pan, E. Thormann, M. W. Rutland, “Tribological properties mapping: local variation in friction coefficient and adhesion”, Tribol. Letters,50, 387-395 (2013).
92. F. Zhang, M. Sababi, T. Brinck, D. Persson, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, “In-situ investigations of Fe3+ induced complexation of adsorbed Mefp-1 film on iron substrate”,J. Colloid and Interface Science,404, 62-71 (2013).
93. M. Forslund, C. Leygraf, C. Lin, J. Pan, ”Radial spreading of localized corrosion-induced selective leaching on a-brass in dilute NaCl solution”, Corrosion,69, 468-476 (2013).
94. A. Davoodi, J. Pan, C. Leygraf, R. Parvizi, S. Norgren, “An insight into the influence of morphological and compositional heterogeneity of an individual intermetallic particle on aluminum alloy corrosion initiation”,Materials and Corrosion,64, 195-198 (2013).
95. C. Ye, R. Hu, S. Dong, X. Zhang, R. Hou, R. Du, C. Lin, J. Pan, “EIS analysis on chloride-induced corrosion behavior of reinforcement steel in simulated carbonated concrete pore solutions”,J. Electroanalytical Chem.,688, 275-281 (2013).
96. M. Sababi, S. Ejnermark, J. Andersson, P. M. Claesson, J. Pan, “Microstructure influence on corrosion behavior of a Fe-Cr-V-N tool alloy studied by SEM/EDS, scanning Kelvin force microscopy and electrochemical measurement”,Corro. Sci.,66, 153-159 (2013).
97. M. Cieślik, S. Zimowski, M. Gołda, K. Engvall, J. Pan, W. Rakowski, A. Andrzej Kotarba, “Engineering of bone fixation metal implants biointerface—Application of parylene C as versatile protective coating”,Mater. Sci. Eng. C,32, 2431-2435 (2012).
98. F. Zhang, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, T. Brinck, ” Electrochemical, Atomic Force Microscopy and Infrared Reflection Absorption Spectroscopy studies of pre-formed mussel adhesive protein films on carbon steel for corrosion protection”,Thin Solid Films,520, 7136-7143 (2012).
99. E. Bettini, C. Leygraf, C. Lin, P. Liu, J. Pan, “Influence of Grain Boundaries on Dissolution Behavior of a Biomedical CoCrMo Alloy: In-Situ Electrochemical-Optical, AFM and SEM/TEM Studies”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,159, C422-C427 (2012).
100. C. Ye, R. Hu, Y. Li, C. Lin, J. Pan, ”Probing the vertical profiles of potential in a thin layer of solution close to electrode surface during localized corrosion of stainless steel”,Corro. Sci.,61, 242-245 (2012).
101. M. Sababi, F. Zhang, O. Krivosheeva, M. Forslund, J. Pan, P. M. Claesson, A. Dedinaite, “Thin Composite Films of Mussel Adhesive Proteins and Ceria Nanoparticles on Carbon Steel for Corrosion Protection”,J. Electrochem. Soc.,159, C364-C371 (2012).