Sustainable Urban Play Environments
A large challenge today is to ensure that children have possibilities to be physically active outdoors.
Play environments in residential areas and at schools are not prioritized in contrast to play areas that children cannot go to by themselves. Accessible and well known play environments are especially important for children with special needs physically or cognitively. The aim of this project is to increase knowledge in society about how play environments with a high play value can be built in the city that are accessible for all children.
In this project digital technology is integrated in a nature like environment such that natural materials, vegetation and landscape can give a high play value in combination.
- Eva-Lotta Sallnäs Pysander, Professor at Royal Institute of Technology
- Ylva Fernaeus, Associate Professor at Royal Institute of Technology
- Annika Waern, Professor at Uppsala University
- Jon Back, Assistant Professor at Uppsala University
- Fredrika Mårtensson, Associate Professor at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Mimmi Beckman, Örebro Municipality
- Emma Simonsson, URBIO AB
- Ludvig Nilsson, Nordic Parks AB