Research within Communication Systems
The division's research issues involve technical and economic aspects of wireless and wired communication systems, fixed and mobile communication systems, communication related services, applications, and usage.
The systems mentioned above are increasingly built using Internet technology. The technology focus lies on communication at the Media Access and Control (MAC) layer and above - as well as on implementation aspects of all layers.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- wireless and mobile transmission and networking IP over optical, copper and wireless links,
- local and interdomain routing
- network architectures and services
- network operation and service provisioning
- business models
- economics and policy issues
The division's research is divided into four labs: