Not sure how to find your way? Below is a list of options for traveling to and within Stockholm.
From the airport to central Stockholm
You can reach Stockholm from Arlanda airport in several ways. The easiest option is to use the "Arlanda Express"..
- Train: Arlanda express (price 540 SEK for a return ticket) . You can buy the ticket from the ticket machines at the arrival hall in Arlanda (note that if you buy the ticket directly onboard of the train, the price is 640SEK). It takes around 20min to reach central Stockholm.
- Bus: Flygbussarna (price 198 SEK for a return ticket) . Take the line “Arlanda – Stockholm City”. We suggest to get off the bus at the last stop (“Stockholm City”). You can buy the ticket from the ticket machines at the arrival hall in Arlanda. It takes around 50min to reach central Stockholm.
- Taxi. The price is in the range 500-700SEK one way to reach Stockholm city center.
From central Stockholm to the hotel
The best options for getting from Stockholm city center is by subway. You can take the subway at “T-centralen” and use the green line, directions to “Hässelby Strand” or “Åkeshov” or “Alvik” (lines T19, T17, T18 respectively). Then, you need to get off the train at “Rådmansgatan” (the second stop) and walk 350m to reach the hotel (Döbelnsgatan 17).
From the hotel to the conference venue
- By foot. You can walk to the workshop venue in around 20min (1.6km). View map
- By subway. You can take the “green line” to “T-centralen”. Then you need to change to the “red line” direction “Mörby centrum” (be careful that from the same platform trains are directed also to “Ropsten”). Then, get off the train at “Tekniska Högskolan”.
- By bus. You can walk till Odengatan and take the bus number 4 direction “Radiohuset”. Then you need to get off the bus at “Östra station”.
Travel within Stockholm (not to/from the airport)
We suggest to buy a SL travel card (please, see the information here) . A 3-days ticket is 240 SEK. A 7-days ticket is 315 SEK. The SL card covers subways, buses and local trains (not to the airport). You can buy the SL-card at Arlanda airport, at the SL ticket office in “T-centralen” or at any “Pressbyrån” convenience store.