Swedish for employees
The Language and Communication unit at KTH offers Swedish courses for employees at five levels. We also offer these courses as packages for schools, etc, and we can, on request, design courses for groups with special needs. The courses are intensive and we work at a fast pace.
Winter 2019/20, period 2-3
All courses will be held during the weeks 44-9, time: 16.00-18.00, with a break during the weeks 51-2.
- Swedish for beginners A1 Mondays
- Swedish for advanced beginners A2 Tuesdays
- Swedish lower intermediate B1 Wednesdays - cancelled
- Swedish higher intermediate B2 Thursdays - cancelled
Spring 2020, period 3-4
All courses will be held during the weeks 4-20, time: 16.00-18.00, with a break during the weeks 10-11 & 16
- Swedish for beginners A1 Tuesdays
- Swedish for advanced beginners A2 Mondays
- Swedish lower intermediate B1 Wednesdays
- Swedish higher intermediate B2 Thursdays
- Swedish for teachers B2/C1 Mondays: seven sessions, time: 16.00-19.00.
June 2020, intensive courses
The courses will be held during the weeks 23-25 (the last session sill be on June 18), Mondays-Thursdays, time: 16-18.
- Swedish for beginners A1
- Swedish for advanced beginners A2
August 2020, intensive courses
The courses will be held during the weeks 31-34 starting on August 3,), Mondays-Thursdays, time: 16-18.
- Swedish lower intermediate B1
- Swedish higher intermediate B2
June + August 12 sessions
The course will be held with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 16 participants with a course length of 14 x 2 class hours. In order to proceed to a higher level, the participant must pass an oral and a written final examination. This also applies to obtaining a certificate showing course completion.
The courses in Swedish for employees are commissioned education. This means that the course fee must be payed by the employer. The course fee, charged to the employee's school / institution is SEK 6 500. Course literature is not included.
The course fee for the course Swedish for teacher, B2/C1, is 4250 sek for seven sessions.
Cancellations must be made no later than the last day of registration.
Before you apply, make sure that you have the correct KTH invoice reference please (e.g. ANNGUS CBHKTH).
Courses at A levels use Rivstart A1/A2 and those at B level use Rivstart B1/B2, exercise book, På svenska, grammatik and authentic material. Both books are available at Kårbokhandeln, KTH Campus.
- Deadline for courses in June and August 2019 is May 10.
- Deadline for period 1 is August 9.
- Deadline for period 2 is October 4.
- Deadline for period 3 is December 13.
- Deadline for courses in June 2020 is May 8.
Employees at KTH have priority to our courses, but external participants are welcome when there is space. The course fee is 10000 sek for courses with 14 sessions.
The application is binding and is to be made on the electronic form by the pink link below. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. On applying, you will receive an automatic confirmation. A letter of enrolment to the desired course will be sent out after the application deadline, as soon as we can confirm it. Late applications are considered subject to availability.
To register for a Swedish course for employees, you must be logged in with your KTH account.
For more information, please contact Susanne Edorson, email@example.com , 08-7909633