Call for support for visits at the University of Tokyo as a researcher or lecturer, 2023/2024
At KTH, we now open a fifth call for supporting visits as a visiting researcher or guest lecturer at the University of Tokyo. The call aims at mobility during the academic year 2023/24, but stays can continue into the autumn of 2024.
KTH together with Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University is developing cooperation with the University of Tokyo. The partnership focus on research collaboration, exchange of students and faculty, and faculty development.
The main activity is to expand contacts between staff in order to increase collaboration into new areas as well as to further strengthen existing collaborations.
At KTH we now open a fifth call for supporting visits as visiting researcher or guest lecturer at the University of Tokyo. The call aims at mobility during academic year 2023/24 but the stays can continue into the autumn of 2024. The grantees will receive a standard support of 40 KSEK per month for visits between one and four months. Up to SEK 500k has been granted for this purpose.
Coordinator for this Call is Torkel Werge at KTH International Relations Office, e-mail any questions to email@example.com .
Applications should include:
- Description of the intended activities, including information about the intended host at the University of Tokyo, and of any previous cooperation with the people involved (maximum two pages).
- Support letter from the KTH department head or equivalent.
- CV with list of publications.
The applications will be evaluated by an internal group with Prof. Per Lundqvist as chairman. The decision for the nominations will be made at the latest on June 15th. The following priorities will in particular be taken into account:
- Applications from KTH faculty.
- Young researchers are given priority.
- Ambition and potential to build up new research and/or education collaboration.
- Strengthening of already ongoing collaborations.
- Scientific level at KTH and at the University of Tokyo.