Skip to main content
To KTH's start page To KTH's start page

Administrate your studies

As a student, you are responsible for administering your studies, such as registering for courses and programmes and registering for courses or exams. Almost all administration is done through Ladok for students. Some matters, such as credit transfer and re-registration, you need to send to KTH.

On this page you will find important ways you can administrate your studies. Navigate between headings using the links below.

Navigate the page

Overview your studies with the programme syllabus

As a programme student, you need to keep track of which courses are included in your programme and when the courses are offered. You also need to know the learning outcomes and course content of each course and whether the course has specific entry requirements. Through the programme syllabus, you can keep track of all this.

Apply for courses

As a student enrolled in a programme at KTH, you are responsible for applying for the programme courses you will be taking during the next semester. The web application for programme courses (AKP) takes place at before each new semester.

Course application

Register for exams

You must register in Ladok for exams during exam periods and less extensive exams, such as control writing.


Register via Ladok

Apply for credit transfer

If you believe that you have already acquired skills through your previous studies (at a Swedish higher education institution or a similar institution overseas) that correspond to the content of your current programme, you can apply for a credit transfer.

Credit transfer

Apply for approved leave or notify non-completion of studies

Approved leave from studies means that students take a temporary break from their studies. Non-completion of studies means that students want to terminate their studies for good.

Approved leave and non-completion of studies

Apply for grade raising

You might be eligible for a grade raise in your course or course components. By this, you are doing a re-exam, despite having already passed. The intention is to achieve a higher grade.

Grade raising

Request for review of grade

As a student, you cannot appeal a grade. However, you can request a review of the grade decision.

Review of grade