How to apply
The bachelor's programme has two application rounds. Applications are made through University Admissions, an online application portal for all Swedish universities.
Application process for the bachelor's programme
The academic year at KTH is divided into two semesters of 20 weeks, with the autumn semester beginning at the end of August and the spring semester beginning in January. All master’s programmes start in the autumn semester. The application deadlines below are strict and in Central European Time (CET).
1. Check the Entry requirements
Verify that you meet the general and programme specific admission requirements.
2. Submit your online application
Create an account, select programme(s) and submit your application on University Admissions.
3. Submit your required documents
Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not submit all the required documentation. Please note:
- Almost all documents should be uploaded on University Admissions. There are some exceptions for specific countries, see link below.
- The documentation requirements and educational qualifications may differ between countries.
- No documents should be sent to KTH.
- The authenticity of your documents may be verified with the issuing institution. Applications made with fraudulent documents will be rejected and legal action may be taken.
4. Pay the application fee or document yourfee exempt status
For non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, an application fee (SEK 900) is required. EU/EEA/Swiss citizens are not required to pay the application fee, but should prove their citizenship status, for instance with a passport copy. Applicants with a valid residence permit in Sweden are not required to pay the application fee regardless of citizenship.
5. Check the selection results
The Notification of selection results will be published on University Admissions. If you are admitted, KTH will provide further information about how to prepare for your studies.