In order to be eligible, you must fulfill the general admission requirements for higher education as well as the specific admission requirements for the programme.
Bachelor's programme in Information and Communication Technology, 180 ECTS
For Information and Communication Technology, 180 ECTS, with English as the language of instruction, the requirements are:
- A completed upper secondary education including documented proficiency in English corresponding to English 6.
Information concerning how to document this is available at Universityadmissions.se
- Documented knowledge in Mathematics and Physics corresponding to Mathematics 4 (advanced level of mathematics) and Physics 2 (advanced level of physics). In each of the subjects, applicants must have at least a passing grade.
For this programme, exemption is given from requirements in the Swedish language.
The courses in English, Mathematics and Physics mentioned above correspond to the course structure in Swedish upper secondary school. The levels of Mathematics and Physics corresponding to the content of these courses are an indication of the levels needed in order to be eligible for the programme. However, which level and course needed in Mathematics and Physics in order to fulfill the eligibility requirements depends on the country of educational background. All applications will be evaluated individually and according to country specific requirements.
Please note! Applicants must have complete documentation from Upper Secondary School. There will be no conditional admittance for applicants in their final year of Upper Secondary School and predicted grades are not accepted.
Country specific requirements
How to fulfill the requirements with an upper-secondary education from the British system (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and IGCSE)
The requirements are an upper-secondary education giving access to university studies in the United Kingdom including a minimum grade C in IGCSE/GCSE/GCE English as well as the following:
- Mathematics GCSE /GCE AS level corresponds to Mathematics 4 in Sweden
- Physics GCSE/GCE (grade C or above) corresponds to Physics 2 in Sweden
This applies to applicants with GCSE from 2010 and onwards.
Requirements for applicants with previous education from AICE (international education according to British system)
The requirements are an upper-secondary education which gives access to university studies in for instance the United Kingdom, including a passing grade in IGCSE English and passing grades in:
- Mathematics GCE AS level corresponds to Mathematics 4 in Sweden
- Physics IGCSE or GCE corresponds to Physics 2 in Sweden
This applies to applicants with GCSE from 2010 and onwards
Requirements for applicants with an International Baccalaureate
The requirements are an International Baccalaureate Diploma with 24 points and 6 subjects: 3-4 subjects have to be on Higher Level. HL. And passing grades in:
- English B, SL
- Mathematics HL or Math Discrete HL or Matematics, SL (from 2006 and onwards)
- Physics, SL or HL
Please note that all documents proving eligibility must reach Universityadmissions.se on the set deadline.