NAVET Kick Off
The kick off for the KTH Center NAVET was held on Tuesday, 21 January 2020, in the Multi-Purpose Hall at Open Lab.
During the event, Director Roberto Bresin presented the goals and visions of NAVET, the center's activities so far and what is planned for 2020, as well as current and upcoming calls for project proposals. The funded projects from the first call were also presented, as follows.
- Transforming the colonial archive: From a hidden colonial trove to an interactive decolonial counter-archive [presented by Cecilia Järdemar, Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and Design]
- Production Novellas [presented by Anna Holmquist, KTH Royal Institute of Technology]
- Designing the sound of the future informed by the sound of the present [presented by Erik Gandini, Stockholm University of the Arts]
- Fictitious Soundscapes: Preferences for urban sound environments of the future among hearing impaired [presented by Kjetil Falkenberg Hansen, KTH Royal Institute of Technology]
- Utrumque [presented by Ludvig Elblaus, KTH Royal Institute of Technology]
The kick off event was then followed up by a mingle with a live musical performance by Torbjörn Gulz from the Royal College of Music.