I am a professor of optimization and systems theory at the department of mathematics, KTH, since 2003. I was born in Danderyd, Sweden, in 1961.
I was also dean of faculty at KTH between July 2019 and May 2022.
My main research area is nonlinear programming. I work mainly with method development, in particular research questions related to algebraic procedures of Newton-type methods for solving smooth nonlinear optimization problems.
I also work on applications related to optimization of intensity-modulated radiation therapy. In addition, I have been involved in optimization applications related to cell biology and telecommunications.
Education and background
- Professor, Optimization and Systems Theory, KTH, since 2003.
- Associate professor (Universitetslektor, docent), Optimization and Systems Theory, KTH, 1995-2003.
- Docent in Optimization and Systems Theory, KTH, 1995.
- PhD in Optimization and Systems Theory, KTH, 1990.
- MS in Operations Research, Stanford University, 1987.
- MSc in Engineering Physics, KTH, 1985.
Service at KTH
- Dean of Faculty, KTH, July 2019-May 2022.
- Head, Division of Optimization and Systems Theory, 2009-June 2019.
- Deputy head, School of Engineering Sciences, 2009-2017.
- Member, Program council for teaching and learning in higher education at KTH, 2016-2018.
- Board member, Jonasson Centre for Medical Imaging, 2017-2019.
Service to the community
- Member of editorial board, Computational Optimization and Applications, since 1998.
- Associate editor, Mathematical Programming Series A, 1999-2017.
- Co-chair,8th SIAM Conference on Optimization, Stockholm, 2005. (First SIAM conference held outside North America.)
- Program director, SIAM Activity Group on Optimization, 1999-2002.
Convex Optimization with Engineering Applications (FSF3847), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Degree Project in Systems Engineering, Second Cycle (SF281X), examiner, teacher | Course web