I am Program Director for the master program Sustainable Energy Engineering.
In my research, I am responsible for research area Polygeneration and the leader of the Polygeneration research group within the Energy Department. The research is focussed on small-scale combined energy systems utilizing various combinations renewable energy sources to produce multiple energy services like electricity, heating, chilling and water treatment. The integration of small-scale Gasification systems and Biogas Digestion systems with other renewable sources, such as Windpower and solar PV is a focus area in the research.
My PhD thesis is on system design of hybrid electric trucks and buses. The technology used in such vehicles show big similarities with technology of Polygeneration systems. My current research cover control and energy buffering in small-scale Polygeneration systems for, among else, rural and/or remote areas as well as for supply of energy services in emergency situations. Another research area of mine is Electric Roadway Systems, where the energy supply to such roads is studied and optimized.
1. MoritzWegener, AndersMalmquist, AntonioIsalgué, AndrewMartin,
Biomass-fired combined cooling, heating and power for small scale applications – A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 96, November 2018, Pages 392-410
2. Wujun Wang, Anders Malmquist, Lukas Aichmayer, Björn Laumert,
Transient performance of an impinging receiver: An indoor experimental study, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 158, 15 February 2018,
3. Anders Malmquist, Small-scale Polygeneration systems for increased utilization of available renewable energy sources and demand fulfilment of multiple energy services, Conference Proceedings Peccon-17, Chennai, India, 2017
4. Sara Ghaem Sigarchian, Matthew S. Orosz, Harry F. Hemond, Anders Malmquist,
Optimum design of a hybrid PV–CSP–LPG microgrid with Particle Swarm Optimization technique, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 109, Part B, 25 October 2016, Pages 1031-1036
5. Rahman, M., Malmquist, A., Modeling and Simulation of an Externally Fired Micro-Gas Turbine for Standalone Polygeneration Application. Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power. Vol. 138, November 2016.
6. Fabiola Baina, Anders Malmquist, Lucio Alejo, Torsten H. Fransson, Effect of the fuel type on the performance of an externally fired micro gas turbine cycle. Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 87, 5 August 2015.
7. Fabiola Baina, Anders Malmquist, Lucio Alejo, Björn Palm, Torsten H. Fransson. Analysis of a high-temperature heat exchanger for an externally-fired micro gas turbine. Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 75, 22 January 2015.
8. Sara Ghaem Sigarchian, Anders Malmquist, Torsten Fransson, Modeling and Control Strategy of a Hybrid PV/Wind/Engine/Battery System to Provide Electricity and Drinkable Water for Remote Applications. Energy Procedia, Volume 57, 2014.
9. Cardozo, E., Erlich, C., Malmquist, A. & Alejo, L. (2014). Integration of a wood pellet burner and a Stirling engine to produce residential heat and power. Applied Thermal Engineering, 73(1), 669-678.
10. Cardozo, E., Erlich, C., Malmquist, A. & Alejo, L. (2014). An experimental study of a Stirling engine micro-CHP system fuelled on wood and sugarcane bagasse pellets. Submitted to the Journal Biomass and Bioenergy 2014.
11. Sara Ghaem Sigarchiana, Rita Paleta, Anders Malmquist, André Pina. Feasibility study of using a biogas engine as backup in a decentralized hybrid power generation system –Case study Kenya. Journal Energy/Elsevier 2015.
12. Fabiola Baina, Anders Malmquist, Lucio Alejo, Torsten H. Fransson, Extended operability of a commercial air-staged direct-fired natural gas burner using biomass derived gas for application in an externally fired micro gas turbine. Submitted to the Journal Fuel 2014-08. Request for revision received 2014-09.
13. O. Samuelsson, S. Repo, R. Jessler, J. Aho, M. Kärenlampi, A. Malmquist, Active Distribution Network – Demonstration Project ADINE, Conference publication: Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT Europe), 2010 IEEE PES0.
14. Analysis of a gas turbine driven hybrid drive train for heavy vehicles, Ph.D. Thesis, TRITA-EMD-9904, ISSN-1102-0172, 1999, Anders Malmquist.
15. 2nd Generation Gas Turbine Driven Hybrid City Bus. Proceedings of the 15th Electrical Vehicle Symposium, Brussels 1998.
16. Experiences from a high speed system for hybrid vehicles, Invited paper SPT IS 03-3, Stockholm Power Tech Conference 1995.
17. Development of a small gas turbine driven permanent magnet generator, Licentiate thesis 1989.
18. Development of a small gas turbine-driven high speed generator. Proceedings of International Conference on High Speed Technology, Lappeenranta 1988.
19. A hybrid drive for the car of the future (Volvo ECC). ABB Review 9/93.
20. Advanced Hybrid Propulsion system for Volvo ECT, Volvo Technology Report 1995.
21. Hybrid drive for low-emission trucks and buses, ABB Review nr 5/7 1996.
22. Microturbines: speeding the shift to distributed heat and power, ABB Review nr3 2000.
Degree Project in Heat and Power Technology, Second Cycle (MJ232X), examiner, teacher | Course web
Degree Project in Heat and Power Technology, Second Cycle (MJ233X), examiner, teacher | Course web
Energy Technologies for Sustainable Transportation (MJ2506), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web