Course contents *
The course is carried out in project form, either individually or in groups of two engineering students. The projects treat energy engineering problems that are commonly occurring in society with a focus on sustainable solutions. The objective of the project is to integrate technology with requirements on sustainable social, economic, and environmental development.
Teachers in the course provide appropriate projects at the beginning of the course. Projects can be provided by industry or from a research team, but are mainly carried out at KTH. Teachers are also supervisors for projects.
Work should be documented in the form of a written report. Normally, it is written in Swedish with an abstract in English. It is allowed to write the report in English.
Intermediate and final seminars are compulsory components. At the final seminar, the student should, besides orally presenting his/her work, also review on another student´s degree project work. Furthermore, written parts of the report should be handed in during the course, with content as agreed with supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes *
Besides the objectives for degree projects for for Bachelor degree established by KTH, these are the course specific objectives:
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- formulate problems and apply methodology in sustainable energy engineering to search and evaluate solutions.
- apply knowledge and skills that have been acquired during the education on energy engineering problems
- plan one's own work to reach given objectives.
- analyse the need for scientific information, carry out information retrieval and evaluate the received information.
- present work in a written technical report with requirements on contents, structure and language.
- refer to sources, figures, tables and formulae in an established way in a report.
- write a report summary in English with correct use of the terminology of the subject.
- carry out oral presentations with requirements on time-keeping and clear language, delivery and illustrations.
- review and comment on a technical work and be able to respond to criticism on ones own work
- design a model, make assumptions and evaluate its validity and reasonableness through sensitivity analysis