Berit Brokking Balfors
Professor, PhD in environmental assessment analysis. The research is focused on tools for environmental systems analysis in the built environment, for example, environmental impact assessment (EIA) and strategic environmental assessment (SEA).
- Member of Formas’ Scientific Council (Formas forskningsråd), from 2019
- Member of the scientific board of Lundströms C.F. The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry, (Kungl. Skogs- och Lantbruksakademien), ongoing
- Member of the Nordic Bioeconomy Programme Committee (Nordforsk, Formas), ongoing.
- Member of the committee for development research, the Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet), 2016-2019.
- Member of Vinnova scientific review panel, InfraSweden2030, in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Member of the board of KTH Water Centre, 2017-2021.
- Member in the KTH University Board (KTH Högskolestyrelsen) 2011-2013.
- Head of the Department (Prefekt) of Land and Water Resources Engineering, KTH, 2007-20013.
Municipal energy planning and environmental assessment
Green qualities and ecosystem services in urban areas
Urban planning and sustainable development
Strategies for sustainable water management
Transport planning for a sustainable society
Recently completed projects
TRAMP - Strategic Environmental Assessment in transport planning, Swedish Transport Administration (project leader), 2018-2020.
STEP - Strengthen the strategic municipal energy planning. Swedish Energy Agency, (Project leader), 2016-2019