Wangzhong Mu worked in the Unit of Stuctures, department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) till August 31, 2023. He became Docent (Assoc. Prof./Senior Lecturer level qualification, Subject: Sustainable Metallurgy) in 2022, and I am responsible for the thermo-physical property analysis section in Hultgren Lab in MSE. Meanwhile, I am a Digital Futures faculty member at Digital Futures, KTH, and working group member of Industrial Transformation Platform.
Wangzhong Mu graduate in KTH to get a PhD degree in 2015, and I received my bachelor and master degree in Northeastern University, China. Subsequently, I continued to work as a postdoctoral fellow at McMaster University, Canada between 2015 and 2017, and I am back to KTH to work since August 2017. I have also been a visiting researcher in Tohoku University in 2018 and 2019. Besides I keep the close research collaboration with e.g. Hanyang University (Korea), IIT Bombay (India), etc. Welcome to contact for visiting/exhange studies (CSC, JSPS, etc.).
My research experience and interest focus on below issues:
- Sustainable metallurgy.
- Inclusion/precipitate, microstructure and property correlation in engineering materials in particular steels.
- Materials design for high-performance alloys using e.g. digitalization tools (AI), thermodynamic modeling, thermo-physical characterization, etc.
- In-situ characterizaton of metals and ceramics utilizing multiscale tools including confocal laser scanning microscope.
Selected research projects
- PI, SSF Strategic Mobility grant, Clean steel towards a sustainable future (2023-2024).
- PI, VINNOVA Mobility Grant, Grönt stål mot en fossilfri framtid: en hierarkisk studie av vätebaserad hållbar metallurgi (2022-2024).
- PI, STINT Project, ‘Inclusion engineering: an effective solution contributing to green steel towards a sustainable future (2022-2023).
- Project Coordinator, EIT RawMateiral project, Efficient design of steel with excellent durability at intermediate temperature (ENDUREIT, 2019-2021).
- PI, STINT Project, In-situ characterization of manufacturing processing of multicomponent steels (2018-2022).
- PI, STINT Project, Design of advanced high entropy alloys by controlling interstitial elements (2020-2022).
- Co-PI, EIT RawMateiral project, METAllic Materials Exploration at Large-Scale Facilities – Education & Community (MetaLSF, 2019-2023).
- Co-PI, Digital Futures Seed Grant, Industry 4.0 and beyond – towards Industry 5.0 by driving sustainability through digitalization (2022-2023).